Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Private events not private for invited user
  •  
clan

Send a private message to this user
We found that, if user1 creates a private event and invites user2 to it, the event is not private in the calendar of user2. This is a problem, if the calendars are shared to other users: looking into user1's shared calendar the event details are not accessible, in user2's shared calendar they are.

I would expect, that the event is set private in user2's calendar as well. Is this a bug, or do I just expect something unusual?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Meeting requests are not private by design. Some clients (eg. Apple iCal) don't even allow to set the event as private if there are attendees.
it depends on a client but in general, private flag is not transferred in meeting requests. Some clients may allow to set it manually after accepting the meeting request.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2012 15:40]

•  
clan

This also happens when only using the webmail interface, IMO at least within the Kerio server this should be implemented.
  •  
TorW

The private flag is supposed to be used for personal, private appointments (the dentist, the proctologist, the shrink or whatever), not business meetings that have participants. At least that's what the docs said when this groupware feature appeared 15-20 years ago. By definition, a scheduled appointment with participants isn't private (as in, "happens in your own time").

On the other hand, you can have several calendars in your Outlook account, and share all of them with different people. On the other other hand, this calls for user training ...
  •  
clan

Actually, all but one of our users cannot have any calendars in their Outlook account for lack of using Outlook Smile, but multiple calendars in Kerio should do just fine.
Thanks for taking the time explaining this to me, I never really thought about the semantics of the private flag until I was asked about this earlier this week.
Previous Topic: Status: 4.4.2 No greeting from remote host
Next Topic: New shoot self in foot error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 07:39:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.