Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS6: Public Folder Administration
  •  
dthomi

Send a private message to this user
Hello!

Has anybody found out how to configure the public folders in KMS6?

In the previous version, I defined a "public folder administrator" (as you can still do under "Advanced Options") and created new subfolders called "#public/<name>". These folders could be accessed by other users by selecting them in the public folders list.

Now I upgraded vom KMS5 to KMS6 and my public folders has been imported. They are listed in the "Public Folders" branch, but I didn't found out, how to connect to more public folders. When I click on "Shared Folders" and enter the name of the public-folder-administrator, it says that there are no folders to share.

Since folder sharing was a different thing in KMS5 already, I can understand why this error message appears. But where is the import of an public folder hidden?

I also found out, that the public-folder-administrator is allowed to create subfolders in the "Public Folders" branch.

I would like to use them also in KMS6, since it's a nice possibilty to share folders, that have to be accessed by anyone.

Thanks a lot!

David
  •  
mkanat

Send a private message to this user
Hey. Look at the file "admin.fld" in the mail store. That should give you a clue where to start. Smile I think there was a bug in the Public Folders administration on the install of 5.0, so it always makes the admin "admin<at>localhost" or something like that. After that, you can give others administrative priviliges in the WebMail interface itself, by right-clicking on folders that you have admin access to.

-Max

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
2nd Level Support Engineer, USA
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: Sender ID support in KMS 6?
Next Topic: Kerio suddenly stops
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:35:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.