Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Developer Zone » API/SDK Writers » Injecting and retrieving calendar entries from Connect
  •  
gbrown100

Send a private message to this user
We are writing a diary application (PHP, MySQL) which we would like to generate calendar appointments and then pipe them into individual user's calendars in Connect. We would also like to pull out appointments as they are created in Connect and pipe them into the database.

I know there are plans for a "Data API" but we could really do with something now. Any ideas how we can achieve this?

Thanks

Graham

[Updated on: Fri, 15 June 2012 22:12]

•  
pcgrafix

I need that too!
From my point of view, and at this moment, you only can archive that by using imapi, there are som examples on the web.

Horemans Tom
PC GRAFIX
  •  
macti

You can do that by CalDAV. I don't know if any PHP library for CalDAV exists, but for Java I use (and contribute to) ical4j-connector.
  •  
spape

You better use CalDAV for Calendar items. There is no PHP library for that so far, but you should be able to write one by yourself. It's not that complex... With 500 lines of code you'll have a nice CalDAV backend for your needs. We developed something like that a few months ago for a customer.

To get a good point to start catch some traces of iCal (Mac OS X) and read a little bit through the CalDAV RFCs. You'll be able to send your first ics files up to the server within a day....

/Applications/iCal.app/Contents/MacOS/iCal -LogHTTPActivity YES -CalDAVNotificationLog YES > ~/Desktop/iCalLog.log 2>&1
  •  
macti

+1 for logging HTTP activity in iCal, this is the best way to find out what iCal do to connect to the server, fetch and create events.

FYI, I used CalDAV to migrate a customer off TeamAgenda to Kerio... and I have to move that same customer from Kerio to Exchange 2010. So I'm writing code to get contacts (by CardDav) and events/tasks (by CalDav) and re-creating them in Exchange by EWS (mail migration will be done with imapsync).
  •  
Anonymous
gbrown100 wrote on Fri, 15 June 2012 22:09

I know there are plans for a "Data API" but we could really do with something now. Any ideas how we can achieve this?

Hi Graham,

as usually I can offer you to use EWS.

If EWS does not suites you, please note that in Kerio Connect client (= WebMail successor) the similar API is used as in administration.

So far, there is no documentation available about client API but you can download Kerio Connect beta and use a browser developer tool (eg. Firebug for Firefox, Firebug Lite for Google Chrome, Developer Tools for MSIE...) to see JSON-RPC API calls in POSTs.

As client API is not officially published, it is still subject of change.

It is up to you to consider if such a state is too risky for you to build an application over it or not.
  •  
macti

Ishhh. EWS? Had to use it, and I would say that CalDAV is less pain Smile But I guess it depends, with CalDAV the same code could work with any decent CalDAV implementations (Kerio, CGP, Zimbra, iCal Server, etc.), so you can use it with more services, while EWS will only work with Exchange and Kerio.

For the fun of it, I made a list of features per CalDAV implementations:

http://www.macti.ca/caldav.html
  •  
Anonymous
Ishhh. EWS? Had to use it, and I would say that CalDAV is less pain Smile But I guess it depends, with CalDAV the same code could work with any decent CalDAV implementations (Kerio, CGP, Zimbra, iCal Server, etc.), so you can use it with more services, while EWS will only work with Exchange and Kerio.

Ok, CalDAV is also the option. If you know you will never need something outside calendars, CalDAV can be your choise.
  •  
spape

CalDAV is the easiest option to use. CalDAV also allows you to save To-Dos and you can use almost the same code to communicate with the CardDAV server if you also need to save address data one day....

•  
macti

And for email, you can use a IMAP API, like JavaMail.
  •  
gbrown100

Hi,

I don;t need to integrate anything but calendars for the forseeable. Anyone have any examples of how they have achieved this?

Don;t like the idea of guessing Kerio's API right now although I would like to use the API ultimately.

Graham
  •  
macti

I don't do PHP so I can't give you a PHP example, but I can give you an example in Java (or WebObjects) that use ical4j-connector.
  •  
gbrown100

Thanks for the updates, the project went off the boil for a while but has come back in a slightly different form, may be amending the existing Oracle APEX app instead which currently sends ical appts to Kerio recipients. Maybe the ical4j-connector will do the job in Oracle instead!
Previous Topic: Create new IpAddressGroup
Next Topic: Add Vcard to mailboxes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 04:06:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00547 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.