Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple Mail issues - disappearing messages
  •  
ebatte

Send a private message to this user
For some time now I've been having some serious issues in apple mail. Messages from the inbox will suddenly disappear. A few minutes later, some of the most recent messages will reappear, but not all. Restarting Apple Mail will cause it to resync, which takes some time to do.

Things already tried:

1. Reset the apple mail account completely. I deleted all plist files, account folders, etc. Reset was done using the Kerio Connect Account Assistant.

2. Reinstalled Lion via Lion recovery partition

3. Reinstalled 10.7.4 combo update

I also have an issue with messages being marked read when I don't actually read them. I'm under the impression that this is related to the problem above. Perhaps when it resyncs the inbox messages are getting highlighted and therefore marked as read.

I'm at my wits end with this. It's really causing productivity issues.

Kerio Connect version is 7.4.0 build 7098

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric
  •  
MacLab

Did you try rebuilding the mailbox in Apple Mail?

Select the Inbox icon of the account under "Mailboxes," then go to the Mailbox menu and select "Rebuild."

If that doesn't work, next step would be deleting the Envelope Index. If it is 10.7, the user library folder is invisible. You can get to it by holding down the option key and using the Go menu in the Finder, then selecting "Library."

You can delete the Envelope index file in User/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/

This will cause Mail to re-index all mail.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  
ebatte

Yes, I tried rebuilding first. That had no effect so I deleted the account and all associated files, reset apple mail by doing exactly what you recommended. No change.

•  
MacLab

Then try rebuilding the index for the user at the server. You can do this in the admin interface now. Also, you should update to 7.41 by the way.

MacLab, Inc.
  •  
ebatte

Already running 7.4.1 since just after the original post. I rebuilt the index file and the inbox in apple mail lost all messages again as I'm writing this.
  •  
MacLab

what does webmail look like?

MacLab, Inc.
  •  
ebatte

Webmail always looks fine. Of course the page doesn't refresh automatically like apple mail is doing.

None of my other users experience these symptoms on any device. All are using OS X 10.7.4 with Apple Mail and most also have IOS devices as I do. This seems to be unique to my account or to my computer.
  •  
ebatte

I just happened again for the third time today and I've only been here for 2 hours. This is killing me.
  •  
MacLab

Set up a new user on your computer and pull in the mail from the server. Chances are you'll be fine. That will tell you the problem is somewhere on the computer and with the user. You can choose to locate the problem file(s) or move to the new user.

MacLab, Inc.
  •  
ebatte

Thanks. I'll try that.
  •  
ebatte

I had enough so I reinstalled Lion (first erasing the partition). I did not import my user account using the migration assistant.

IT'S STILL HAPPENING. Since the reinstall my messages disappear approximately once per day rather than a dozen times, but it's still happening. I'm really at a loss.
  •  
My IT Indy

Are you using Exchange IMAP?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
ebatte

Yes, I'm using exchange imap setup by the Kerio Account Assistant.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 July 2012 02:10]

•  
bojan.vujic

It is not only on apple.

http://forums.kerio.com/t/21849/email-messages-deleted-witho ut-human-intervention/

After I downgrade to version 7.4.0 all working fine... After all this Kerio still didn't try to explaining why this happening...
ebatte

That's not the same problem at all. My messages are disappearing and then returning. They are not being deleted at all. They are constantly available in web ail and iOS. The disappearing act is only happening in web mail and only with my account. None of my other users are experiencing this.
Previous Topic: [Done]When will kerio release template for vSphere5?
Next Topic: Postini Outgoing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 12:14:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00977 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.