Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » client does not appear to work
  •  
keriojet

Send a private message to this user
I am trialing the new Workspace 2.0.

The server installation went flawlessly. However, I downloaded the Windows client from the web interface and installed it as Admin on the client computer; during installation, it informed me that "client cannot run with elevated privileges." The client application is now in the taskbar, but I can't do anything with it and I don't see any way to configure the connection to the server.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling without "as admin," but the client doesn't seem to ever kick off a config dialogue or other way to connect it to my server installation.

What should I do?
  •  
keriojet

A bit more info: When I open the "Kerio Workspace Client - File Library Manager," all options are greyed out (Unsubscribe, Show in Explorer, Show in Workspace, Open File). Right-clicking on the various options in the taskbar doesn't allow me to set any configurations. Literally, it seems there is nothing I can do with the app as installed.

I took a look at the log and it includes this:

------------
( 0x3cc) 06/17/2012 03:28:21 PM: main: app is running but the fileUrl is empty !?
------------

[Updated on: Sun, 17 June 2012 22:48]

•  
Stanislav Kolar (Kerio)

You have to subscribe a filelibrary for synchronization using the web interface. Or if you want just to edit/view one single file, select View/Edit On My Computer. See http://www.kerio.com/workspace/online-file-sharing
  •  
keriojet

I see. So there is no way to automatically give a user access to all file libraries, or to a group of them? It has to be done manually, subscribing to each through the web interface?

If so, this is a big detriment when comparing to Dropbox.
  •  
Martin Viktora (Kerio)

If you need just a dropbox functionality for a single user, you can create one Workspace page with one File Library in it and put all of the users' files there. The user then subscribes to that file library and that's it. All of his folders and files are there.

But Workspace, by design, is a collaborative product with a great deal of flexibility how organization's data can be structured. For example, Marketing can have one shared file library that every member of the marketing team subscribes to. The same goes for Sales, HR, etc. In fact, you should have some degree of separation combined with access control. You don't want anyone but HR people to access the HR file library.

But Workspace allows you to create file libraries everywhere. It is up to the users (or organization's policy) to determine what they prefer - a small subset of shared file libraries or many file libraries (e.g. per project)

Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: Restrict sharing rights
Next Topic: Recovering Lost Admin Password
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 09:22:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00374 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.