Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail Retrieval From Backup
  •  
orbi2004

Send a private message to this user
Can someone help please, i have a problem, I have to find a mail which has been deleted from a users inbox. The mail was received in sept of last year and i have that month backed up on cd in the format of the backup folder

<folder> #msgs
acl.fld
index.fld
status.fld

Can anyone let me know how i can retrieve a mail from there as i dont know how to open the .fld files and the messages (all 4,000 of them ) are in the msgs folder and i dont have time to read them all :) Can you help??

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2004 11:18]

•  
orbi2004

I know who it is to and i know who its from and poss some key words. im doing a file search at the moment but there are just so many mails it will take forever.

PLEASE anyone
  •  
sirjosi

If you still need help on this:

As the admin, go to webmail, add the backup folders you think the mail is in in your subscribed folders. You might have to copy the dated folders in the cd to your mail servers back up folder.

search inside your subscribe folders for from, to, subject keywords. Email it to the person when you find it.

Hope this helps.

thanks
sirjosi

[Updated on: Tue, 29 June 2004 02:13]

pay it forward
-sirjosi
  •  
orbi2004

Thanks for the reply sirjosi that’s what I ended up doing and it worked a treat. Took a long time to look through the mails as outlook would not recognise the subscribed folder (imap) so i had to do it through webmail in the end I didn’t find the mail it was prob deleted by the user.
All good stuff to know though for future reference.

Thanks for the reply

orbi
Previous Topic: KMS 6 B5 Migration bugs
Next Topic: Can i do a user copy for Received and Sent messages?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 10:32:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.