Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Issue with contacts and public contacts since Kerio 7.4 on Mac OS X (Issue with contacts and public contacts since Kerio 7.4 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.4)
  •  
StephanZ.

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

After upgrading from Kerio 7.3.x to 7.4 we have problems with public contacts and contacts in

a) Apple Address Book and
b) Kerio Webmail

Situation:

1. Reader, editor or administrator privileges are set to the corresponding users via webmail.
2. Apple Mail, iCal and delegation work as they should do.
3. The server runs Mac OS X 10.6.8, fully patched.
4. The clients run Mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.4, fully patched.
5. iPhones and iPads on iOS 5 are set up via webmail-integration. Calendar, contacts, public contacts and email work properly.

Concerning a): Apple Address Book

I use the Kerio Connect Account Assistant from the integration menu to configure Apple Address Book. The respective user and .public account show up, but public folders remain empty.

The log in the console.app states as follows: "The request timed out." (please view attachment for full error message).

Concerning b): Kerio Webmail

Personal and shared contacts are shown. As soon as I try to modify, save or delete a contact, the webfront-end becomes unresponsive for many seconds. If I drag and drop 20 or more contacts into another contacts folder, the webfront-end won't react for minutes. In the meantime other logged in users get affected by this behavior, too. They even can't create an event in the calendar.

Kerio's logs don't indicate irregularities.

These days I updated Kerio to 4.1 und today to 7.5 b2, but it didn't solve the problem with carddav neither.

Does anybody have a clue what to do?

Thank you,

Stephan...

[Updated on: Tue, 19 June 2012 17:28]

Xserve <_at_> Mac OS X 10.8.x
Clients <_at_> Mac OS X 10.6.x, 10.7.x and 10.8.x
  •  
spiggott

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It's only a guess but I think that your public folder is huge and AddressBook connection times out before it can get all the contacts from it.
How many contacts/folders do you have in Public folders?
  •  
StephanZ.

Hi spiggot, hi Pavel!

At first a happy new year!

@ spiggot: No, I didn't find a solution to this, neither with the newest Kerio 8.0.

@ Pavel: In Kerio admin I depublished every user in the user settings and via webmail I wiped every contact and shared contact list stored in Kerio. Then I republished all users in the global address list via the user settings. So at this time there are only 12 contacts in the public folder. But the problems still remain!

In the meantime I did the following:

1. Clean install of Mountain Lion 10.8.x on our Xserve
2. Clean install of Kerio 7.4.3
3. Migration of the Kerio backup to the new installation of Kerio via assistant
4. Upgrade to Kerio 8.0

Result:

It doesn't matter if I'm using the Kerio Account Assistant under clients of Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion - it's almost the same situation regarding the Apple Address Book/Contacts app and Kerio Webmail as before!

In Mac OS X 10.8.x some contacts of the global address list show up, in 10.6.x and 10.7.x it remains empty. But what all clients have in common is that the address book service uses over 100% of cpu time. In consequence I have to delete the account settings in the address book app.

Same thing with Webmail: I cannot modify or add a contact to the public folder because the save button seems not to work. If I click e.g. on the link for my own contacts I get the message that I have to finalize my modifications to continue. After some minutes I get the message that the server doesn't react - it actually does not react - and that I have to check my internet settings (see attachment).

And now it's getting weird: Despite of these messages the following occurs: in case of

a) modifying a contact the modifications will be stored, or
b) adding a new contact, the contact will be created that often how many times I clicked on the save button. Shocked

On iOS devices everything works as supposed.

@ Pavel:
1. Does Kerio has a problem with customized ports? Since the very first install of Kerio v6.x HTTP is running on 10080/18080 and HTTPS on 10443/18443 without any problems because we have other services running on the standard ports.
2. Where do I have to take a look to make a factory reset of the carddav service?

Help is very much appreciated because this issue lasts for almost 7 months!

Best regards,

Stephan...

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2013 13:39]

•  
tonyswu

What kind of server hardware do you have?
  •  
StephanZ.

Hi tonyswu,

It's a Xserve early 2009, 2x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6 GB RAM. But I don't take the server into consideration, since we didn't change the hardware.

Kind regards...

•  
jsmonkerio

We have the same problem and yes our public contacts folder is huge (in excess of 5000 contacts) however as it is a corporate address book there is not much we can do about it. Our email is on a 3rd party hosted Kerio v7 server and the clients are on Macs or iOS devices. iOS works fine but Apple Contacts (newest version) fails to work properly with public folders (finds some contacts in some public folders but not all and refuses to sync any changes to or from webmail). For about 6 months I have failed to find a solution.
EXCEPT
I have spoken to a number of Kerio connect authorised suppliers (in an attempt to find an Oracle) and my "Hoster" without success but a couple have suggested that there are issues when Kerio is hosted on a PC but the clients are on Macs. However, I have not found a company that runs a host on a Mac server with Mac clients using Apple Contacts so I cannot be sure if this is the route to a solution. We have been forced to use Outlook2011 for Mac and the Public Folder issue has been solved BUT Outlook 2011 is very unstable.

If this post helps those Users cleverer than me find a native Mac solution then it will be worthwhile.
It does surprise me that Kerio themselves have not stepped into the fray and published a definitive solution or declared a formal incompatibility.

Best wishes
  •  
StephanZ.

@ jsmonkerio: At our site we run a pure Mac environment, where the Xserve (running Mountain Lion server) is hosting Kerio Connect 8.0 for Mac. So this problem does not originate/derivate from a mixed infrastructure.

Regards...

[Updated on: Tue, 15 January 2013 15:01]

•  
jsmonkerio

Then is it not strange that Kerio themselves have not published anything?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We are not aware of any such PC-Mac compatibility issue.

The first place where to look in case of AddressBook or iCal synchronization problems is the system log on the Mac client. Applications usually write there what's wrong.

BTW: By default Apple Address Book (CardDAV) is using ports 8443 (HTTPS) and 8800 (HTTP).
  •  
StephanZ.

Hi!

I have just installed v8.0.1, restarted Kerio server, configured Apple Contacts app with the 'Kerio Connect Account Assistant' - but the issue with public contacts is still present:

- high CPU usage (see screenshot attached)
- incomplete list of public contacts

I haven't made any test on the other issues; I think I'm going to configure Mountain Lion server's contacts service to make a public contacts list available.

Cheers,

Stephan

Previous Topic: mass import custom rules?
Next Topic: Archive Folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:30:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00517 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.