Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Contacts and Calendars (Contacts and Calendars in Windows OS clients)
  •  
romakar

Send a private message to this user
We are to use Kerio Connect.
Please, suggest mail client for Windows (we do not have MS Office installed) with Contacts and Calendars syncronisation.

Best regards
Roman
  •  
Charles B

I've had good luck with Mozilla Thunderbird for using IMAP for email.
For contacts you can configure Thunderbird's address book so that it talks to Kerio Connect via LDAP.
Using the Lightning add-on to Thunderbird for calendering works pretty well once you get it set up, although if you have several calendars to share it can be a little bit time consuming to set up for each individual.

As an added bonus if you get a lot of spam, Thunderbird's junk mail filter appears to work better than Kerio's so you can not only configure Thunderbird to filter spam, but have it train the server's spam filter in the process.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
romakar

Many thank for reply.

The main idea of shared databases with Contacts or Calendars is its central location with possibility to read/write from various clients.
As I understood LDAP in Kerio is read-only.

BTW, Carddav client works well in Mac OS. I wonder if Kerio have no solution for Windows with such basic functionality (exluding commercial MS Outlook).

Roman
  •  
Charles B

I think you are right, Kerio has no solution for Windows if you don't use MS Outlook. Thunderbird doesn't have carddav support (and sogo doesn't work in a lot of cases)

There is always the web client. That gives you read/write for calendars (resources) and contact lists (public folders) with whatever individual or group permissions you assign. It isn't a great mail client, but most of the functionality is there.

I have some hope that they will improve the web client, eventually. When you are in the webmail client, if you change /index.php to /index2.php, you can get a look at where Kerio is going with it. No idea when, or if, it will be moved from development to production.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
Previous Topic: Outlook 2011 OS X slow
Next Topic: Alternative for Outlook
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 15:54:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.