Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » new feature request: Phone Limit
  •  
BorisMinakov

Send a private message to this user
Dear Kerio Team,

The most important for a business today is to control and manage costs for IP telephony.

The great would be if there will be an additional option based on extension or group of extensions, were you can provide a limit for them.

like ext: 100. current limit balance 20 USD, left balance 16.52 USD

After cost is 0, ext goes to full denied mode, unless administrator
will add additional balance to an extension.

Costs can be counted based on special table with route and costs like:

92 - 0.20USD
955 - 0.40USD

Balance can have static and automatic fill, based on month

This option can be very useful in big and small organizations

[Updated on: Thu, 21 June 2012 12:10]

•  
ICT and Me

@Boris,

This should be a part of billing option, usefull for hotels or hosted IP PBX solutions.
I like the idea and pretty sure there will be more who likes this idea.

There for I support this request!

[Updated on: Fri, 22 June 2012 07:57]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Kedar

I think a billing system shouldn't be part of PBX. Should we work only with prepaid services? How many currencies we should support? What model? 1+1, 60+1, 60+60? There are too many questions and many functionality which are not related to PBX and are used only in specific situations you mentioned. Should we print invoices and receipts?... Wink

Everybody uses different accounting/billing system, each country has specific laws. Better than develop such system is allow connectivity to PBX, e.g. with API.
In Kerio Operator we support AMI (Asterisk Manager Interface). Unfortunately it's online only, there is no history, so if your billing system will lost connectivity, information is nowhere saved.

If you think there should be billing support in Kerio Operator, please use our "Suggest Idea" button in the welcome screen of Web Administration to create new suggestions and vote for existing ideas. Otherwise, there is a risk that your suggestions will not be taken into account. Thank you for understanding.
  •  
BorisMinakov

I think there must be no currency at all it can be symbolic like $ or something, so every Administrator to put only route costs, so you have a report and currency is not a big deal as admin can count further .

•  
ICT and Me

@Radek,

It will also help for lot of people if the call history is little bit user friendly.
Example: On screen you can filter a extension, but when you make a export to csv.
This will be the total call history. If this can be fixed that you export what is filtered or not filtered, it will be already a saver. And this is already 6 months ago mentioned.

And about billing is also already "Suggest idea". But I just want to attend Kerio that this can be killer.
because hotels and hosting are possible good market.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 June 2012 15:49]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
BorisMinakov

Totally agree, i work as an administrator for 3 banks and 2 markets. The thing is that you have to control all calls made by users. The valuable is to have fixed cost limit for users, that i mentioned above.

At this moment we use Asterisk + A2Billing, but again configuration and set-up of this systems is not as easy as Kerio Operator.

These days this is very urgent, because many organizations have 1 central number and all are extensions only.
So ISP can give you only 1 cost for 1 number, for Finance department can not filter the costs.

And when you have billing inside (very simple one) that count cost by route and has limit(optional) for some users. This sound great

[Updated on: Fri, 22 June 2012 15:48]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Besides the CSV export, it's also possible to read call data using Operator's administration API. If anyone's interested in creating an import filter for a call accounting SW, we are ready to share information about he API calls needed for that.

Vladimir
  •  
BorisMinakov

Hello, I am interested with API, but main purpose of this request in not billing itself,its restriction purpose.

Lets say for Hotels. You know your customer has extension with 20 USD (USD is symbolic) he can not spend more.

The thing i am asking is cost saving control system.
It needs only 1 additional option, where you can provide cost near allowed routes:

1) 92 0.20
2) 955 0.30

and the second option total limit on extension it self (or group of extension)

So you know that your user will never go over limit.

Currency makes no sense it must be only unit per minute. So administrator can count further.
  •  
obtim

BorisMinakov wrote on Fri, 22 June 2012 16:47
Totally agree, i work as an administrator for 3 banks and 2 markets. The thing is that you have to control all calls made by users. The valuable is to have fixed cost limit for users, that i mentioned above.

At this moment we use Asterisk + A2Billing, but again configuration and set-up of this systems is not as easy as Kerio Operator.

These days this is very urgent, because many organizations have 1 central number and all are extensions only.
So ISP can give you only 1 cost for 1 number, for Finance department can not filter the costs.

And when you have billing inside (very simple one) that count cost by route and has limit(optional) for some users. This sound great

Boris, could you make instruction how to make a2billing(on separated server) work with last Kerio Operator?
Previous Topic: Anyone get Flash Operator Panel (FOP) working?
Next Topic: QueueMetrics
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 12:34:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.