Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » WHAT more need to be added in system
  •  
Goran

Send a private message to this user
1. Dynamic DNS to choice only from what Interface or All internet interface.
2. Appliance add manual driver install.
3. Possibility to send (e-mail) statistic to each user, his own statistic.
4. In URL redirect once, if before he was not loged on automatically or manually.
5. Automatic speed test in bandwidth manager for each internet interface.
6. In MAC filter separate things like M:A:C (interface) Allow/Drop.
7. Exclude port for checking in instrusion prevent.
8. Translate ipv4 internet to ipv6.

Guys add more!!

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
Goran

Thanks Kerio!
In new beta 7.4.0 description under number 3 now resolved.

9. Please:
"www.kerio.com -- all URLs at the www.kerio.com server (this string is equal to the www.kerio.com/* string)"
Why is like that... That means no opportunity to redirect only for first page!!
i can manually add * after if needed...
In version 7.3 was working "normally" to me,
but in 7.4 he always replace "*google.com/" with "*google.com/*"

•  
Goran

Bandwidth manager. If is reserved bandwidth for some service (or anything used by rule) and if that service not in use return reserved bandwidth then when rule is satisfied Enable rule... I don't know how to explain it.

I think that will be in big use because some rules are not using all time, but is hard to know when will be in use.

Also, maybe to much but, bandwidth per connection... Sometimes you cant tell how many clients will use same bandwidth rule...
but that can be done by adding rule for each user... But if is not in use don't take bandwidth!

•  
Goran

Today i was so happy when i find WLAN card that appliance recognize. With her i will connect on access point because it hard to install cable to that point.

I get so DISAPPOINTED when i saw driver installed but i cant connect on any point!! There is just nothing, same settings like for normal NIC.

Only what i find in cfg file is to create access point, nothing else... Shame...

•  
Paul@loft

Ability to create your own captive portal or use a web page from your local network to display to users on your network

Ability to turn off the "your license will expire in X" message - an "I-know-it's-about-to-expire-but-my reseller-hasnt-got-back-to-me-and-there-reseller-is-being-di fficult! " button maybe?

Ability to read captured packets in the interface

Email dealt in the same way that Operator works Razz (can get all the operator messages yet cannot use the same server for Controls emails)

RHEL/FEDORA BASED CLIENT FOR VPN!!!!! I am tired of using Alien and ar to connect to my network Razz

Do you know what you are doing? or are you just hacking?
  •  
pcunix

I was thinking yesterday how nice it would be if I could send my customer a little group of rules he could load and merge into his existing traffic rules.

They'd load in unchecked and un-enabled, of course, but this would also mean that Kerio could provide ready to load snippets for common situations like everything you probably need or want for Operator and so on. Obviously such rule sets would still need local editing (though things I provided for my customer would be ready to go), but that might be a nice little extra value feature.

I dunno - might be too complicated because of necessary editing.. just a random thought.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
ICT and Me

Use FQDN in traffic rules. So the use of multiple port 80/443 based systems can be used.
Instead the other portnumbers, what users allways forget.
Example:
Rule: Webmail Connect
Src: Internet Interfaces
Dest: webmail.domainname.com
Serv: http/https
Action: Allow
Translation: 172.31.5.2

Rule: Workspace
Src: Internet Interfaces
Dest: workspace.domainname.com
Serv: http/https
Action: Allow
Translation: 172.31.5.3

[Updated on: Wed, 26 September 2012 17:48]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
pcunix

I've had this complaint more than once: the big 3110 and its sister Operator box are HEAVY. Not only is it difficult to secure them with only front rack mounts, there is a lot of strain..

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
Previous Topic: Block network ranges by countries (whois based)
Next Topic: EventID 4625 on DC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:17:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00494 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.