Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » how do you allow smart phones to access internet (Need help letting non domain device through firewall)
  •  
jviola

Send a private message to this user
It seems that the only way I can track users is to enable "Always require users to be authenticated when accessing web pages", but when I do that then users with smart phone can't access the internet, because those devices are not on our domain or have usernames and password. Can someone tell me how they get around this issue?
  •  
germanr

We reserve a ip address on the DHCP server with the mac address of the phones and use automatic login with the ip asigned. It may be tedious to setup the first time, but you have to do it once.
regards

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Tomislav

Or you could make a user just for smartphone users (they can all use the same one).

Or users could just use the same username/pass they use on their PCs.

If the smartphone is an android, don't forget to put the FQDN for Control hostname (Advanced Options->Web Interface). I recently had the missfortune of connecting android tablets into our network. They have a DNS prefech of some kind and wouldn't resolve "Control:4080" from our local DNS, so I put "Control.domain.local" and everything worked.
  •  
jviola

We allow our users to use their smart phones and they changes frequently so it would be too difficult to track mac addresses. It would be nice if all smart phones mac address began with the same 3 or 4 values and I could just use wildcards to automatically add them to a group.
  •  
jviola

Tomislav wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 19:46
Or you could make a user just for smartphone users (they can all use the same one).

Or users could just use the same username/pass they use on their PCs.

If the smartphone is an android, don't forget to put the FQDN for Control hostname (Advanced Options->Web Interface). I recently had the missfortune of connecting android tablets into our network. They have a DNS prefech of some kind and wouldn't resolve "Control:4080" from our local DNS, so I put "Control.domain.local" and everything worked.

Thanks for the advice. This is a possibility. The last time I enable the automatic authenticate I wasn't prompted for a username or password, It just failed trying to go to websites.
Previous Topic: MAC vpn client disable my internet browsing
Next Topic: Forbidden Word help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:22:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.