Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Migrating from one platform into another
  •  
jslh

Send a private message to this user
Hi, currently our Kerio Workspace is running on Ubuntu 10.04.
Since we will be deploying Microsoft Hyper-V soon and Hyper-V does not support Ubuntu officially therefore, we have to switch to CentOS.

I know we could backup the entire DB via the Kerio Workspace internal backup tool and restore it to the new flavor of Linux, but what about the configuration setting, how do I migrate it?

In Kerio Connect, we just copied the *.cfg and modified it, that's all but we aren't sure about Kerio Workspace.

Please sahre and assist.

Regards / Joseph
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
  •  
jslh

Hi Jaromir,

Thanks for the quick pointer.

However, if I read it correctly, it is more on data store migration / moving into a different location.

But, my concern will be the configuration setting file like workspace.cfg. Cause I wanted to preserve my setting when moving rather than recreating a new set.

Could I just copy this file from Ubuntu and move it into CentOS?

Regards / Joseph
  •  
styson

jshl - That article covers moving to another server as well because the steps are pretty much the same (just did it myself). Just run a full backup, unzip it on the new server and copy the workspaces.cfg file from old to new. Make sure you edit all the file paths in workspaces.cfg to reflect where they are in the new server and set up permissions and you are good to go.
Previous Topic: Task List
Next Topic: Can't upgrade kerio Workspace
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 17:46:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.