Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Control and cable modem - connectivity problem (can't get IP from ISP (modem cisco 2100))
  •  
Tomislav

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I just got my new ISP to hook up their cable modem (cisco 2100) but I can't get a connection on my Kerio Control (connection works fine with my laptop).

From my conversation with (ISP) tech support the modem is a simple pass-though and the IP address is generated by their DHCP server (located "somewhere") and not by the modem. I do not have

Has anyone had this problem? My ISP says their hardware is OK so the rest is my problem...

Any help would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2012 15:34]

•  
Tomislav

About 24 hours after I first plugged in the laptop, control miraculously got a connection.
After a long time contemplating I've come to the conclusion that my ISP read the laptops MAC and gave an IP for that MAC only. Since it's a 1 port modem, I'm guessing they blocked all DHCP requests from all other devices. After 24 hours, the lease ran out and they accepted a new request from a new device...

Yes I know this sounds dumb, but it's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with...
  •  
Goran

I think that is problem with kerio control,
and linux/android/NIC compatibility.

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
Tomislav

Goran wrote on Sat, 30 June 2012 03:47
I think that is problem with kerio control,
and linux/android/NIC compatibility.

Android? You sure you're not replying to the wrong topic?
  •  
Goran

Im sure...
http://forums.kerio.com/t/21712/make-me-crazy/

And here was more then one topic that kerio appliance have problems with internet recognising.
i.e. Non of android phones don't get recognized in my system...
my laptop what usually worked normally, it work but only on one of the server...
Kerio after kerio appliance don't recognize internet access, or it need long time etc... why is like that... still is mystery for me!

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
Previous Topic: Forbidden Word help
Next Topic: 7.4.0 Beta 1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 23:22:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.