Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Trial user - registering with provider failure
  •  
SUBnet192

Send a private message to this user
I am trying the product, and so far I like it as it seems pretty straightforward to configure but I've hit a snag...

The server seems unable to register with the SIP provider (voip.ms)

Here's a message I get in the Warning logs:

[27/Jun/2012 22:32:22] Operator asterisk[1445]: WARNING[1459]: chan_sip.c:12799 in transmit_register: Probably a DNS error for registration to 123456<_at_>montreal.voip.ms, trying REGISTER again (after 20 seconds)

Based on infos I got, the configuration is right. I suspect a firewall issue.

I am using a Cisco 861W router/firewall. What rules would I need to open to allow the registration to work? I dont want to get IP phones on the web to work just yet, simply internal communications in the company.
  •  
SUBnet192

Update: I put in the IP address of the voip.ms server and it worked. So it IS a DNS error, however, I have no idea why. I configured the DNS to use my internal DNS server, I tried using google's 8.8.8.8 with the same result.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

It could be a DNS round robin issue. Could you send us a packet dump from the built-in packet sniffer showing the failed registration, accompanied by the support information file (from Status > System Health). You may send the files to me at vtoncar at kerio dot com.

Vladimir
  •  
SUBnet192

Hi Vladimir, thanks for the quick response. I doubt it's DNS round robin as I have only one internal DNS configured...
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Can you specify the hostname which you use for registration of external interface please?
  •  
SUBnet192

montreal.voip.ms

I got everything working but I'd rather not use the IP address.
Previous Topic: Pause after 8 - is it possible?
Next Topic: Call Routing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 11:09:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.