Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Workspace vs. Basecamp? (How does WS stack up against competitors like Basecamp?)
  •  
Tim H

Send a private message to this user
On the website the comparison is against Dropbox like offerings but the comparison I'm most interested in is how WS stacks up against offerings like Basecamp. Anyone have any thoughts or comments?
  •  
kokhong

I've actually been doing some comparison against other groupware like solutions, eg AlfrescoCloud, Cyn.In, Teamlab etc. All of them have slightly different focus and target markets. While collaboration is the common thread, some have stronger document management, workflow and project management features. But may require more thoughts and planning to setup.

My quick take is that Workspace is a very quick way to bring some organisation to unstructured data. As with all Kerio's solutions, its very easy on the administrator to quickly roll out a functional solution. There's still many features that can be added and I'm looking forward to the continued adoption and improvement. But it is already very useful with its current feature set, especially with its simple content creation capabilities.

One missing function that puzzles me is that we can't seems to rename a Workspace. Currently the only way seems to be delete and re-create. But if I had created a Workspace and made lots of comments to it, deleting and recreating would lose all those comments.
  •  
Josef Zacharias (Kerio)

Renaming a Space is possible. Just open the Space and hover over its name with the mouse. A "Rename" link will appear that you can click and then rename the Space/Page.

Josef

Josef Zacharias
VP, Technical Operations
Kerio Technologies
  •  
kokhong

Thanks.

I have been trying to right-click it and never see an option to rename.
Previous Topic: view description field on ipad
Next Topic: Restore process individual document in database.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 07:31:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.