Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Secondary OD not effective
  •  
riete

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone, this is my first message in this forum.

I'm running KC 7.3.1 on OS X Server SL.

I have two Apple OD server declared in the domain configuration. One as primary and the other as secondary. From OD point of view the primary is also the primary controler et the second the replica.

The problem occure when the primary OD fail. The list of users disappear from the admin interface and the users cannot connect anymore. I have check both ldap connection to primary and secondary from the admin interface, they are both ok.

I also have made folowing test: put the OD replica as domain controler and primary as secondary in the KC admin interface.
The result is cristal clear, no user list anymore.

Any ideas

Thanks
  •  
riete

Do you need more informations to be able help me?

[Updated on: Thu, 05 July 2012 11:08]

•  
InterHmai

Check your kerio error log when the master is down. It should show the switch to the replica and the reasons for failure.

You may also want to turn on debug log messages for ldap connection and authentication.

Also, from both odmaster and replica, from terminal use the command:
kinit username

to verify kerberos user account function.
  •  
riete

Thanks InterHmai, sorry for the delay to reply. I have been struggling for many weeks with other problems.
I finally solutioned this question by
1/ killing the replica
2/ backup the master
3/ turn the master to stadalone Directory server
4/ put it back to master
5/ restore the data
6/ reassign the replica.

Everything is ok now for this point.
Previous Topic: windows 8 problems
Next Topic: Sharing resources with different users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 14:51:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00562 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.