Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connector for Outlook 2010 (not offline)
  •  
Trashman

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

will an Outlook Connector (NOT Offline Edition) for Outlook 2010 be provided at some time? As we are using Parallels Vituozzo we cannot use the Offline Edition (it increases the container size extremely).
Alternatively, is there a chance to limit the cache size for offline caching?
  •  
sedell

They don't plan to. They're phasing the original KOC out in favor of the offline edition. The original KOC isn't even getting bug fixes any longer.

Scott
  •  
AlexJoda

sedell wrote on Thu, 05 July 2012 13:02
They don't plan to. They're phasing the original KOC out in favor of the offline edition. The original KOC isn't even getting bug fixes any longer.

This is really a shame and a killer argument against Kerio ! We want to use Kerio in a VDI environtment based on VMware View with linked clones. These personal VMDKs from VDI machines need to be as samll as possible, because they are sitting on SSDs on a very expensive SAN.

Because of this we cannot use any software which produces big local user based files. We disable the cache mode of Exchange and redirected any personal files to server based home folders. If this is not possible with Kerio we cannot use it for our 10000+ mail users we are doing system integration for.

These local cache strategy did not fit any more in our virtualized world. We use mail servers because we want them to store the mails and not the local user ! Why can´t they just enable their online client any more ? Could not be too difficult....

[Updated on: Wed, 25 July 2012 13:16]

•  
Trashman

What I found out so far: I can switch the Offline Edition to sync only the Email Topics, not the Mail itself. Saves some space but I haven't really evaluated this so far.
  •  
mwolf

Trashman wrote on Wed, 25 July 2012 13:23
What I found out so far: I can switch the Offline Edition to sync only the Email Topics, not the Mail itself. Saves some space but I haven't really evaluated this so far.

Could you tell me how you did that ?

thx
  •  
Trashman

right-click on the inbox, preferences, folder sycronisation (or something like that, my KOC is german...)
However, as soon as the Email is viewed the files are cached-so it does not save any space in the virtual machine.
Previous Topic: Как переименовать домен в kerio connect?
Next Topic: delay on retrieve mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 02:08:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00452 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.