Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Restrict extension to 1 line
  •  
BorisMinakov

Send a private message to this user
Dear Team,

We have cisco502G phone, they by default have Call Appearance Per Lin 2

This is default and you can not decrease it on the phone level. i am interested if i can do this based on Kerio operator settings.

Asterisk has a n option to restrict extension to only 1 line.

The thing is if person is speaking and than we has another incoming cal he will see "2nd line" announcement on a phone, he can not answer and calling person always thinks that there is no one picking the phone.

There is also ignore button but this make call dropped and also not good from management site.
Thank you in advice

[Updated on: Fri, 06 July 2012 10:38]

•  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi,

this can be solved using Kerio Operator's feature "Call queues".

(see manual http://download.kerio.com/dwn/operator/operator-1.2.2-4568/k erio-operator-adminguide-en-1.2.2-4568.pdf Chapter 14).

Jakub
  •  
Rolando

Hi,

I think Boris has a point there.

I tried Call Queues with our system but it will ring the next available extension.

As a normal extension, when a person received a call and is on hook with the other person on the line, when a new call coming in for him, Kerio Operator should detects the extension is busy and directed a new call to a voice mail, while right now it displays on the IP Phone panel that there is another call waiting (either an outside call or from another extension).

We experience the same issue but it is not a big issue for us, but we would like to know how to resolve it.

Best regards,
Rolando
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

If I understand it well you need to have all lines on specific Phone busy if there is one active call on that Phone?
  •  
BorisMinakov

Thank you reply, yes i do not want to use call queues for this purpose to have all lines on specific Phone busy

I just want PBX to restrict multiple lines for an extension.

Let say for now i have this:

ext 100 is speaking. If someone calls ext 100 during this i see this message on a phone; "You have line 2 incoming, deny or answer"

Because by default SPA502G has a minimal of 2 lines enabled. (You cant set 1, you can disable call waiting feature in option it will make a deal, but user can enable it if he wants)

So we need thing like, call 100 is speaking. and if anyone will call 100 this time, system must give busy tone.
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi,

unfortunately Kerio Operator doesn't support such feature.

You may vote for it using "Suggest Idea" button in the welcome screen of Web Administration.

Jakub
Previous Topic: Dlink 7022 with operator
Next Topic: SPA303-G2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 08:41:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.