Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mountain Lion Exchange client
  •  
gregharewood

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

Obviously I can't say anything about the Mac OS X Mountain Lion beta, because of the NDA. But Lion mail has "Exchange IMAP" as a client option. Mountain Lion is .... different. Is anyone in Kerio looking at this? It doesn't work for outgoing mail in the current build...
  •  
topher1078

Mountain Lion has Exchange IMAP too. No problems regarding email that I've found so far.
  •  
fleecy

Since Mountain Lion is now released, it can be discussed here that setting up an account using ML's Exchange option in System Preferences results in an EWS email account in Mail that works only partially (seems like there won't be much work needed on Kerio's part to make it work 100% though).

Creating an account in Mail using Exchange IMAP still works, and has no issues that I could find with KC 7.4.2.

Calendar and Contacts are displayed properly using that EWS account, as far as I can tell. That's actually quite impressive!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

EWS (Exchange) accounts in Mail, Calendars and Contacts are not supported by current Kerio Connect versions. I strongly recommend do not try to configure these accounts.
For Mountain Lion clients (Mail,Calendars, Contacts, Reminders) Kerio Connect 7.4.2 is required. It contains support for these clients as well as updated auto-configuration client for easier client configuration.
  •  
germanr

Hi,
Is it possible to make the Notes in Mountain Lion to sync with Connect?

Regards

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
GlennK

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 25 July 2012 21:01
For Mountain Lion clients (Mail,Calendars, Contacts, Reminders) Kerio Connect 7.4.2 is required. It contains support for these clients as well as updated auto-configuration client for easier client configuration.

Pavel, can you say anything more specific about what will be broken in Mail if not upgraded to 7.42? For instance if the client has previously configured using the Kerio auto config tool, will Mail stop functioning? It would have been configured using Exchange IMAP.

I know iCal is picky on each upgrade.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion does corrupt Exchange IMAP account setting in Apple Mail so it cannot connect to the server. The account needs to be configured either with Kerio Connect Account Assistant utility or manually. The Kerio Connect Account Assistant utility in versions prior to 7.4.2 does not support Mountain Lion and therefore the account is not configured correctly. With version 7.4.2 it does work correctly.
Also, Calendars and Reminders may not work correctly due to changes in these clients with older Kerio Connect versions.
  •  
GlennK

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 26 July 2012 18:52
Upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion does corrupt Exchange IMAP account setting in Apple Mail so it cannot connect to the server.

Thanks. Can it be assumed from this that someone that used the Kerio auto-config prior to 7.42 WILL have corruption and will NOT be able to connect to the server when they upgrade to Mountain Lion? If so, would that mean deleting the account in Mail and re-running the Kerio auto-config?

I would just like to know what to expect from a support standpoint.

Thanks again.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, the account in Apple Mail does not migrate correctly, server hostname and user name is not transferred correctly.
Yes, deleting and re-configuring the account does fix this.
  •  
tonyswu

I'll have to give this a try myself. If it's just the hostname and username not being correct, perhaps manually editing the settings could solve the issue. We do have a few users with huge mailboxes (> 10GB), and reconfiguring their mail accounts will be a bit of a trouble.
  •  
koffie

After upgrading to ML my hostname en username were gone.
Just filling these in again was enough to make a connection again and download any new mail etc.
No need to delete and re-configure the whole account as far as i can see.
  •  
dominic@cbx.com

Same situation here as koffie - after upgrading to ML the hostname and username were gone from the account settings, all other settings were correct. Re-adding our mail server hostname and username was sufficient to get things working again.

Unfortunately, I now need to do the same for the other 220 users in the office.
  •  
germanr

Same here. Mail working with that. What I couldnĀ“t get to work is the Notes. Someone managed to do so?

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
mpermann

Wow dominic<_at_>cbx.com, how did you get 220 computers upgraded to Mountain Lion in such a short period of time? That's an impressive feat.
tonyswu

mpermann wrote on Fri, 27 July 2012 06:22
Wow dominic<_at_>cbx.com, how did you get 220 computers upgraded to Mountain Lion in such a short period of time? That's an impressive feat.

I am guessing Casper Suite? lol Man, I miss Casper Suite.
Previous Topic: Error Loading User Accounts
Next Topic: OUTLOOK 2011 14.2.3 for MAC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 07:23:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00583 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.