Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Daily Connect 7.4.1 Crash (Connect randomly crashes overnight at different times)

Messages: 262
Karma: 5
Send a private message to this user
Due to instability issues I've been experiencing the last month, last week I did a full backup of Connect, wiped my HDDs and did a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04 32bit. The hardware is only 2 months old and is an Intel based system - it is capable of 64bit, but for simplicity, we did the 32bit install on this reload (plus Workspace only runs on 32bit). The HDD configuration is a software based raid 10.

The Ubuntu install is the server variant with SSH, Connect and Workspace - no other frills.

I have 15 users with mail stores ranging from 2GB to 20GB. Archiving (local) is enabled and SPAM messages are sent to a Quarantine address on the server as well (1 of the 15 users). The standard backup routine is also enabled.

When inspecting the Core dumps (and we have 9 on hand) they all have a similar BackTrace that feels like a user account has corrupt folder cache. Running the Connect Rebuild Index command on every users has not fixed the crashing. Below is a BackTrace from one of the cores:
#0  0x08a54102 in NormalMessage::~NormalMessage() ()
#1  0x08a473f8 in kerio::mailserver::NormalMessageIndex::~NormalMessageIndex() ()
#2  0x08a51bc8 in boost::detail::sp_counted_impl_p<kerio::mailserver::NormalMessageIndex>::dispose() ()
#3  0x089c50e8 in boost::detail::shared_count::~shared_count() ()
#4  0x08a52785 in boost::detail::sp_counted_impl_p<kerio::mailserver::CacheItem<kerio::mailserver::NormalMessageIndex, kerio::mailserver::NormalIndexFactory, kerio::mailserver::ReadWriteMutex> >::dispose()
#5  0x089c50e8 in boost::detail::shared_count::~shared_count() ()
#6  0x08a43db7 in kerio::mailserver::NormalIndexCache::unregisterIndex(MessageFolder const*) ()
#7  0x08aa8370 in MessageFolder::dispose() ()
#8  0x089e7a48 in FolderManager::destroyFolder(mail_session const*, MessageFolder*) ()
#9  0x089ea8d2 in FolderManager::disconnectFolder(mail_session const*, MessageFolder*, bool) ()
#10 0x08aa7349 in MessageFolder::removeFromCache(mail_session const*) ()
#11 0x089e35e7 in FolderManager::clearFolderCache(bool) ()
#12 0x089fd8e3 in FolderCacheEraser::emptyCache(void*) ()
#13 0x0aef2114 in kerio::tiny::thread(void*) ()
#14 0xb747ad4c in start_thread () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/
#15 0xb7084ace in clone () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/

Looking for someone to give some input on what may be wrong and how I can go about fixing. Thanks!


Messages: 33
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
Hi Machete,

we have the same problem. We already opened a ticket for our production system. Kerio said it will be fixed in the next release but the release date will be in September. We are very disappointed about this.

For now we are doing a croned restart (service kerio-connect restart) twice a day and disabled the fulltextindex.

Good to hear I´m not the only one.
Previous Topic: iCal works, but 1 user not included
Next Topic: V7.5 and Internet Explorer
Goto Forum:

Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 22:46:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00368 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.