Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Expanding the Data Store
  •  
FarVision

Send a private message to this user
I'm running into a little bit of a problem.

I want to start kicking off Virtual Machines for our clients to try. We have the ESXi system running great, now.

The VM templates import just fine; zero problems.

How the heck do you expand the Workspace? After the 5 gigs, or 10 gigs, or whatever gigs you start with? Editing the VM to give it more space is no problem, but every single tool I have thrown at this thing crashes out, and is unable to expand the file-system correctly.

I can use the GPARTd iso OK, but get a <-63 cyl error of some type. The partition can't be expanded.

Thrown loads of Windows partition tool ISO's at it - they either don't recognize EXT3 or LILO.

All the other Linux ISO's for partition resizers just don't work, or don't recognize the VMware SCSI disks.

I even attempted to enter maintenance mode and load in Webmin - to maybe just add a new VM disk and drop in another partition to the OS - and edit the workstation.cfg manually. No joy - the installed Kerio firewall product goes nuts and blocks port 10000.

I really don't want to fool around with Windows. Plus there are licensing issues with cloning the template for separate clients.

I would buy a decent tool like Paragon if I knew it would work the way I want.

I'm just surprised there doesn't seem to be a way to expand the Data Store under the VM image. Is no one else using this? It seems to be a really easy way to kick on Workspace installs.

Any ideas welcome! I really want to stay away from Windows, even though I could expand the file-system in a heartbeat. Don't want the VM management issues...

Previous Topic: Why ? mail title change to "?????"
Next Topic: view description field on ipad
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:09:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.