Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Changes to Kerio Support (Helping us help ourselves)
  •  
NorthernAlberta

Send a private message to this user
I just got my 'Ping' today and was reminded about the changes to Kerio's tech support policy.

I won't get into my opinions about the paid support, but I would like to follow up on some points that were raised in the topic 'NEW WAYS FOR TECH SUPPORT'.

On Fri, 13 April 2012, Josef Zacharias (Kerio) posted:
Quote:
Publishing fixed bugs numbers in release notes - This is something we have been considering for some time now and it is being implemented as we speak.

Access to known issues information - This is also something we have been looking at not too long ago. It is a bit more complex than the previous but not necessarily impossible. We generally want to make more information available to our partners (but also end customers) but some things need time. That's the case with this one - we will do this but it won't happen overnight.

I'd like to know where these projects are and if/when we can expect to see them active.

Case in point: A bug was acknowledged regarding ActiveSync in Connect 7.4. It was scheduled to be fixed in 7.4.1, but the change log doesn't explicitly include it (only 'Fixed some stability issues'). Other than calling support, I don't see any way to conclusively answer whether or now this crash bug has been fixed. The forums suggest it has been, but there's no official statement.

In the past it would have taken me a thirty second call to support to resolve this. From what I can tell Kerio doesn't encourage that now.

Kerio, it appears that you would like us as customers to be more self reliant and not contact support. It would be a great help if you could provide us the tools to make this possible.
  •  
subnet

Hi wwwolf,

Agree with you. In my point of view I would have added a servicedesk with the minimal kerio skills (as kerio requires / self reliant as mentioned earlier), so customers could still ask questions. The only thing they should do is to make an decision criteria Matrix that guides the servicedesk when they should escelate it to their engineers. I agree engineers hours aren't cheap and what I know is that support calls where directly assigned to engineers, which I found incorrect because servicedesk could have answered it. This would have cost kerio much cheaper.

The new support policy is also known in Some companies such as Microsoft. If I am correct when you have a Software Assurance agreement you can create 2 or 3 incidents. But again Mirosoft is a big company with almost 70% Market Share. So there are alot of freelancers that provide free support. I personally never used the support of Microsoft. Mostly forums helped me resolve the problems.

Just my opinion!

Regards,
  •  
sedell

I would like to know when we will see this as well.

Quote:
On Fri, 13 April 2012, Josef Zacharias (Kerio) posted:
Quote:
Publishing fixed bugs numbers in release notes - This is something we have been considering for some time now and it is being implemented as we speak.

Access to known issues information - This is also something we have been looking at not too long ago. It is a bit more complex than the previous but not necessarily impossible. We generally want to make more information available to our partners (but also end customers) but some things need time. That's the case with this one - we will do this but it won't happen overnight.

7.4.2 just got released with generic change log entries as usual. I guess it was all just hot air that it was being implemented "as we speak". I would think you could instruct the person putting together the change log to include the bug number on each line in less than 3 months, but I guess not.

Scott
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 7.3.1 & iCal 5.0.2 on a MacOS 10.7.2
Next Topic: BESX for Kerio availibility
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:26:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.