Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can't sync changes to contacts who are KC users (Can't sync changes to contacts who are KC users)
  •  
macjimbo

Send a private message to this user
Using KC 7.4, Mac OS X Server 10.6.8.

I have a small network with 10 users and a large shared address book. Altering the contact details of any contact syncs fine either way to/from Mac Address Book, iPhone etc.

However if I try to alter the contact details (using iPhone or Address Book) of a contact who is one of our KC users, the changes are lost within seconds. e.g. adding a phone number or email address. Not only are the changes not synced, but the changes are discarded. This happens whether I make the change using Mac Address Book, or my iPhone.

If I make the change using the webmail interface it sticks.

Is this normal behaviour? Can I fix it?

TIA

James
  •  
macjimbo

•  
b-tom

So, you're trying to make changes on your public contacts? Disable "Publish in Global Address List" > Accounts > Users.
  •  
macjimbo

OK thanks for that - but not really a solution as it simply means I don't see the contacts at all and have to add them separately.

This doesn't really make sense. Why can I alter a public contact in Webmail successfully, but not alter it in any device which syncs to KC?

cheers

James
  •  
macjimbo

Coming back to this, does anyone know why I cannot sync changes to members of the GAL other than by webmail?

In other words - a member of my GAL shows up on my iPhone, I add a phone number to their card. Shortly after the number deletes itself. The same happens to changes made in Mac Address Book. But if I make the change in Webmail, it sticks.

Any clues? Is this a bug? Or a feature?
  •  
macjimbo

someone must know the answer to this!

after posting the above, I discovered that even the Webmail changes don't stick for long. A new phone number added in webmail will get transferred to other devices, but soon after it gets deleted again.

It seems that any user in the GAL (and mine come via Open Directory) cannot have their details altered. Is this true?

cheers

James
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, you cannot change GAL contact attributes synchronized from LDAP in public folder. You need to change them in Open Directory user details in order to make them propagated to GAL public folder.
  •  
macjimbo

ok thanks for letting me know. That's a bit of a pain, adding details to LDAP users isn't exactly easy I don't always remember that there are a handful of users whose details I can't alter on my iPhone. Until their number disappears...
Previous Topic: File as flag gets deleted in webmail
Next Topic: Unsubscription Requests from some devices
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 17:46:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00519 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.