Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2011 (Mac) Folder Structure does not Sync 7.4.2 (In Outlook 2011 created folders do not show up in Kerio Webmail or Mac Mail. But folders created in Mac Mail show up in Kerio Webmail - but not in Outlook 2011)
  •  
mike_kerio_fan

Send a private message to this user
Hi there

After searching for a solution in the forum and with google without success I place my question in that forum.

I have an unexpected behavior: If I create a folder in Mac Mail, on my iPhone 4 Mail.app or in the Kerio Webmail this folder is not visible in Outlook 2011. Even if I restart Outlook 2011 the folder does not show up.

When I create a folder in Outlook 2011 it appears to be only local. I cannot see that folder in Mac Mail, on my iPhone nor in Kerio Webmail.

I used the Kerio Connect Account Assistant to setup Outlook connection again. But it did not help. The only workaround is to delete the account and renew it. This is not an acceptable solution due to the fact that this mail account has about 15'000 mail which do then synchronize first and this takes more than just a few seconds.

System:
Kerio 7.4.2 on RedHat/Centos (Server)
Macbook Pro with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
Outlook 2011 (Ver. 14.2.3)
iPhone with iOS 5.1.1

Is there a solution?

[Updated on: Sun, 15 July 2012 19:34]

•  
b-tom

I can't confirm this behavior. I am able to create new folder in Apple Mail or Webmail and it's automatically synchronized in Outlook.

Please make sure that you do NOT add a local folder ("On my Mac") in Apple Mail. Instead choose New Mailbox > Location > EXCHANGE ACCOUNT.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 July 2012 22:09]

•  
mike_kerio_fan

It is in mac:outlook 2011 only. When I create a folder in Mac Mail I see it Kerio Webmail or iPhone Mail.app. When I create a new folder in outlook then I cannot see the folder. Even when I move mails into that folder in outlook the mails are not moved on the iPhone. They are still at the original folder instead.

I have configured to use the exchange method in outlook - not IMAP.
  •  
b-tom

Yes, we are running the same Mac environment. It's working.

Did you try to sync the folder manually? Are you sure that you created a new mail folder in your exchange account? It's important that the folder isn't added to the local desktop environment. Please make sure that the folder does not show up under 'on my computer'.

tom
  •  
mike_kerio_fan

The folder does show up under the specific account (and not on my computer). However, it looks like a local folder as I am not able to view the rights. But also if I add a new folder on my iPhone or Mac Mail Outlook does not show the new folder. If I move mails around in the existing folders everything works as expected regardless if it is on the iPhone, Mac Mail, Kerio Webmail or Outlook.
  •  
b-tom

yes, if the permissions are grayed out the new folder hasn't synchronized yet with the KC server. You have to wait a couple of seconds before you retrieve your mails in Apple Mail or on the iPhone.

Another option would be: Right + Click on the new folder -> Synchronize now.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 July 2012 16:36]

•  
mike_kerio_fan

Even with manually forced sync the folder does not show. Where do I see if outlook really syncs and whether a bug occurs?
  •  
b-tom

mike_kerio_fan wrote on Mon, 16 July 2012 17:49
Even with manually forced sync the folder does not show. Where do I see if outlook really syncs and whether a bug occurs?

On the Window menu, click Error Log. In the Errors window, click Settings.
Select the Turn on logging for troubleshooting check box, and then click OK.
  •  
mike_kerio_fan

No way: Even with creating a new folder and forced sync nothing happens. I create the new folder with right click on the Exchange account. No occuring in Log of Outlook nor in a Kerio Log. Where may I turn on debuging in Kerio more than just the standard?
  •  
rob0405

Hello

I am having exactly the same issue. I cannot find anything in either the Outlook 2011 error log or the Kerio Connect error logs to suggest what the issue is.

mike_kerio_fan - did you find a resolution to this? I am worried that we have lots of users on Outlook 2011 that are unaware that their mail folders are not syncing and therefore the data is unprotected and not backed up on the server.

Has anyone else experienced this or found a fix?

Thanks
Rob
  •  
mike_kerio_fan

Hi Rob

My disappointing workaround: At the moment an account has to be deleted in Outlook 2011 and then added again with the Kerio tools provided.

Disappointing due to the fact that this is very user-unfriendly and due to there is no usefull debugging possible. Not in Outlook neither in Kerio Connect.

I am sure there are many users with the same pattern who are just not aware of that behavior. I hope that apple provides mountain lion by mid of this week and I will try to reinstall everything from scratch on a test macbook (not with time machine backup).

Kind regards,
Mike
  •  
aj08

Have you taken the time to call Kerio about this? This sounds pretty serious and I'd like to know that they're aware of it and working on a fix.
  •  
rob0405

This is also happening on a brand new user having been set up using the Kerio assistant. I am currently running version 7.4.1 build 7267 so i will apply the latest update to the server to see if that has any impact.
  •  
mike_kerio_fan

Ups - I have the last version and I wonder if it works for you.

@aj08: No, I did not call yet as I did not finde the time. Furthermore I would need to pay which is not what I want as I bought a license. Lets see how much installations are affected. As long as it is obiviously difficult to reproduce (otherwise it would have been tested and detected alreasy) I hope there will arise a particular pattern to fix that bug.

Kind regards,
Mike
aj08

You don't have to pay if the issue is a result of a bug in the Kerio software. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Previous Topic: Outlook 2013 + KOFF crashing when try send mail
Next Topic: Spam filtering through...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:41:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00604 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.