Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail through IIS
  •  
antlane

Send a private message to this user
Now that the webmail on Kerio 6 is PHP based, will it be possible to run it through IIS rather than on Kerio's inbuilt webserver?
  •  
sidbarker

Looking at the PHP files they have in their webmail system, the answer would seem to be yes and no.

Yes, if you have your PHP / ASP call their PHP files. They have various variables / functions of their own in there by the looks of it.
  •  
jshaw541

Rumor has it that Kerio is going to be revamping the PHP code in future (beta? final?) versions of KMS 6.0, so I would wait before putting too much effort into this quite yet.

The PHP code in the current beta version is obfuscated beyond all recognition, so it's a real chore even trying to figure out what the code does, let alone if it will run on IIS.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
sidbarker

After digging deeper (to find out why the rules bit still doesn't work in Opera)... I noticed how "obfuscated" it all was.
After them saying it was all done in PHP, and people could modify it.... I was suprised to see the naming they had used.
I sure hope they do de-obfuscate it (I love that word!)
  •  
Bauglir

If you look better at those scripts, you'll see, that we are using our own php function, so u cannot use default PHP, we've extended it.

Bronislav Klucka
Kerio Technologies
bklucka<at>kerio.com
  •  
jshaw541

sidbarker wrote on Mon, 28 June 2004 09:52

After digging deeper (to find out why the rules bit still doesn't work in Opera)... I noticed how "obfuscated" it all was.
After them saying it was all done in PHP, and people could modify it.... I was suprised to see the naming they had used.
I sure hope they do de-obfuscate it (I love that word!)

When I asked Kerio this question, I was told that they plan to release a new php webmail setup, and that it will have some sort of user-accessible API. I don't know if they're going to de-obfuscate stuff, but it seems they will provide a lot of customization functionality.

What this means exactly, I don't know yet.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
Previous Topic: Palm Desktop calendar synchronization KMS 6
Next Topic: Email does not arrive in 'admin<at>whereever.org.uk' account
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 00:49:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.