Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Blocking Youtube.com HTTPS access (Need to block HTTPS access as well HTTP)
  •  
ricardojulio

Send a private message to this user
Hello people.

I need to block all traffic to "youtube.com".

Using HTTP policies simply does not work correctly, because if you put "https" in the URL, access is released.

As I had to block the "facebook.com", I used a WHOIS and got the IP ranges to "facebook.com" and the block works, but I'm afraid to do the same with the "youtube.com" and end GOOGLE blocking other services.

Some of you have to do this block, without harming other HTTPS sites?

•  
Goran

in last kerio there you have https block as well
but i will make a rule in DNS, reroute *youtube* to some server ip.

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
ricardojulio

Really? Now the HTTP rules also blocks HTTPS?

Do I need to configure any piece of invisible config or it is explicit and I cant see it?

Hope you can help me.
  •  
ricardojulio

Looking the online help from Kerio Control, We have this:

Quote:
HTTP Policy

The main purpose of HTTP rules is control of access to web pages and filtering of downloaded objects (files).

Rules are applied only to unsecured HTTP traffic transmitted via IPv4. HTTPS traffic and HTTP traffic transferred by IPv6 cannot be filtered.

"Rules are applied only to unsecured HTTP traffic transmitted via IPv4" - I think that only works in HTTP, not HTTPS.

Hope any one can help me.
  •  
Goran

Look at image.

• Attachment: drop.png
    (Size: 28.60KB, Downloaded 2732 times)

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
ricardojulio

Thanks Goran!

I think this feature will help me in this scenario.

But I also think I'll wait for this release out of Beta. Maybe you know when this comes out?

An excellent feature, by the way.
  •  
moro666

Now.. it reached RC-1 Smile

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

Hello,

meanwhile, you can redirect requests using your DNS (and blocking DNS requests to other servers) by entering DNS record youtube.com 127.0.0.1 and www.youtube.com 127.0.0.1 (just an example).
  •  
JaviGM

Latebut... you can try with MIME Types and block video streaming (video/*)

Javier
  •  
tauseef-it

Versions lower that 7.4.0 can't block HTTPS sites with URL rules you need to force the users to use the HTTP proxy on port 3128 for secure webpages. You also need to block port 443 in your Traffic Rules.

The only way to block a secure page with Kerio Control prior to 7.4.0 is to force the users to use the non-transparent proxy on port 3128.

If you do not block port 443 in your Traffic Rules then the users could disable the proxy server settings in their web browser and thus bypass your URL rule
Previous Topic: VPN problem
Next Topic: Multiple configs in Kerio VPN Client - Workaround for OS X
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:31:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.