Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IPhone/IPad - No Drafts folder
  •  
netmax

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

i have seen that all IPhone and IPad mail clients don't have a draft folder specified on their Kerio Accounts (using Exchange mailbox type).

I can't change or specify them manually on exchange boxes (this is only possible on IMAP accounts), but apart from this issue Active Sync push works like a charm,mso i don't want go for IMAP accounts here.

Any ideas?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is how iPhone and Exchange ActiveSync works. You can try to ask Apple for improvement.
  •  
netmax

Seems to be useless to ask Apple Sad

I thought the folder assignments are done in initial AS creation ... if this is an Apple problem, it's bad as i can't expect an update soon ...

Thanks for the immediate comment, Pavel!

[Updated on: Sun, 22 July 2012 00:08]

•  
b-tom

It's not possible with KC as well as with the latest MS Exchange Server. Neither Apple nor Microsoft are interested in a solution! Moreover most users are not aware of the missing feature or they simply don't care. You have to stick with IMAP or copy & paste your message text.

For the last 2 years I've submitted numerous support tickets to the Apple Dev Bug reporter and Kerio Support. However there's no fix on the horizon. See also http://forums.kerio.com/m/75132/#msg_75132

Indeed, it's useless.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 July 2012 11:13]

•  
jensonyu

Not sure if you are talking about no draft folder at all or not having the draft folder that synced with the Kerio server.

I have my account setup as Exchange type on iPhone and I can save the unfinished email as draft which I can go back to later.

If you are talking about that this iPhone draft folder doesn't sync with Kerio's draft folder, then it could be an issue for you. Personally, I don't keep lots of emails in my Kerio's draft folder.
  •  
b-tom

Yeah, it's about draft folder synchronization. As netmax already pointed out, you can't specify the draft folder on exchange accounts, which is essential. During the initial exchange setup the iPhone does not recognize the Kerio exchange draft folder. Instead it uses a local (separate) draft folder.

The result is that you can't modify email drafts created in Outlook, Apple Mail or in Kerio Webmail. Sure, you're able to access them and copy + paste the complete text into a new email message on your iPhone. Whereass email drafts created on the iPhone/iPad don't show up in Kerio Webmail and Outlook.

Personally I am using drafts quite a lot.
Previous Topic: Exchange Mail
Next Topic: Archiving for multiple domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 22:23:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.