Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Can't transfer calls via analog converter (How to configure analog converter to enable Call Transfer)
  •  
GazzaBot

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We are testing the Grandstream HT502 Analog to VoIP converter but cannot get Call Transfer working.

If we press the Flash or Recall keys nothing happens.

My understanding is that a Dial Tone should be presented once the Flash key is pressed & then you can dial the extension.

Also, not all our phones have a Flash key - what is the alternative options to Transfer Calls?

Thanks

Gary
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Please check the HT502's manual. The call transfer is done using a SIP command on the VoIP side, so the device should have some method to recognize the flash signal from the analog phone.

Vladimir
  •  
GazzaBot

Hi Vladimir,

I got our supplier to test a HT502 for the Flash transfer option - he has an Elastix PBX - it worked for him without changeing any defaults on the unit. Unfortunately I cannot get my unit to him in a hurry as we are in different cities.

Could there be anything in the Operator / Asterisk config that is causing the Flash key not to be recognozed, therefore no dial tone is offered? He mentioned something about checking the PBX Feature Codes - I don't know how to do that.

Is it not possible for Call Transfer to be a PBX Service in Operator (as with Call Park & Pick up etc.) - that way any phone would be able to dial the transfer code & extension?

Gary
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

Kerio Operator doesn't support these feature codes. As Vladimir suggested, you must force the HT502 to signal these actions over SIP.

According to the HT502 manual, I'd suggest you to check that "Send Flash Event" is set to No, "Enable Call Features" is set to Yes. Unfortunately, I don't have any Grandstream device to be able to test it.

Best
Filip
  •  
GazzaBot

Thanks for you reponses, much appreciated.

I did a firmware upgrade on the HT502 and although the Flash button does not work I can now transfer calls using the Hook Flash functionality which also did not work before the upgrade.

Regards
Gary
  •  
Tom Fairley

Hi, related question... Not sure if I should create a new thread or not...

Looking for some guidance on provisioning a HT502, I don't see it listed as one of the pre-configured devices on the list...
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Although it is not officially supported, it may be detected and provisioned as Grandstream(unknown).
Previous Topic: Can `t send a fax
Next Topic: Picking up Held Calls from other extentions (without Call Parking)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 14:53:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.