Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Custom UI Runtime Error in Kerio Outlook Connector User Interface (Getting this error starting Outlook after 7.4.2 upgrade last night)

Messages: 132
Karma: 10
Send a private message to this user
I posted in the 7.4.2 release thread, but figured I would start a new thread on this issue.

I upgraded the server to 7.4.2 last night and that went fine. I then upgraded the Connector on my laptop (Windows 7 / Outlook 2010) and it upgraded without any errors, but now when I start Outlook I get an error about a UI issue. See the attached image for the error. Its an error calling the 'explorerOnGetButtonEnabled' function. It says 'The Operation Failed'.

I saw an old thread that says I can turn off 'Show add-in user interface errors' option and it will hide this message, which it does.

But does this actually point to an issue? Has anyone else seen this? If there is a bug or problem, I would rather have it fixed and not just hide it.

I had three third party plugins: Symantec AV, Barracuda SPAM & Virus Firewall, and iTunes. I removed the Barracuda plugin the the message still displays. Most of my staff has the iTunes and Symantec plugin and I cannot remove the Symantec one. And I would prefer to not have to turn off this option on all the computers in my organization.

So has anyone experienced this issue before? Is this a problem with the Kerio Connector or some other add-in? Any help is appreciated as I'm holding off pushing this update to others until I can get this resolved.

And unfortunately, I'm hesitant to call into support after their change where I will get charged after the second support call, so hopefully someone here has been through this and knows what the issue is.

-Eduard Tieseler

[Updated on: Wed, 25 July 2012 19:30]


Messages: 132
Karma: 10
Send a private message to this user
Just to post an update about this, I am still having the issue on my laptop.

I uninstalled and re-installed the Kerio Offline Connector to no avail, it still gives me this error.

The good news is that I ran the update on a few others computers and they did not have this error.

But I still need to find out whats going on with my system, perhaps I'll try removing the profile then adding it anew.

Previous Topic: Attachment Filter
Next Topic: Problems with Outlook 2010 after Update to 7.4.2
Goto Forum:

Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 22:33:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00336 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.