Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Archiving for multiple domains
  •  
jensonyu

Send a private message to this user
I would like to know the best practice to set up archiving on a server that has multiple email domains set up. Each domain belongs to different company/client. Therefore, their emails should NOT be mixed together. Hence, I don't suppose the "archive to local folder" would be the best options in this case.

Assuming I set up my own company - mycompany.net (that provides the hosting service) as primary domain; and have company1.com and company2.com as my clients, each in their separate domains.

What's the best practice to set up archiving for these two companies?

Thanks in advance.
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Hello,

This functionality is currently not available in Kerio.

As of May 1st 2012 all suggestions need to be raised through the web admin interface of your Kerio product.

To do this you will need to login to the web admin interface and on the splash screen that you are presented with there will be a button at the top of the page called 'Suggest Idea'. This will take you through to 'feedback.kerio.com' and navigate you to the appropriate section for the product you are using and you can create your suggestion.

In the meantime, you can use MailStore Home 7 free third-party product for archiving different users/domains - they have nice integration with Kerio.

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
clan

Lucian Maly (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 30 July 2012 03:27

In the meantime, you can use MailStore Home 7 free third-party product for archiving different users/domains - they have nice integration with Kerio.

I am a bit surprised that you are suggesting a tool that is only licensed for private use to someone who seems to be a corporate customer.
  •  
GlennK

Many people use Mailstore successfully. A problem we have is that it is Windows only.
  •  
jensonyu

After reading the documents from MailStore's web site, I don't think MailStore Home can archive the whole domain, but their Server product can.

My current Kerio Connect server is installed on Mac OS and I'm considering moving it to VMware appliance which is Linux OS. My understanding (derived from the MailStore's docs) is: even though MailStore Server is Windows software, it only needs to make an IMAP connection to Kerio Connect to grab the emails. Therefore, it doesn't need to be installed on the same computer where Kerio Connect is installed on. It could be on a separate physical computer or a virtual machine.

However, whether MailStore product can meet my original quest, that is, archiving emails from different domain to separate storage, remains to be tested.
Previous Topic: IPhone/IPad - No Drafts folder
Next Topic: trigger index rebuild?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 23:59:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.