Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Voicemail for group/queues
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

What is the best way to deal with voicemail for groups and queues.

For example, we have a Tech Support department and a Sales Department. They are grouped and queued. What is the best way to configure voicemail for the department for out of hours calls?

I can see 2 ways:

1. Designate a current user's mailbox to receive the messages. That user will then have all the responsibility for the messages.

OR

2. Create new specific 'Sales' user and a 'TechSupport' user to accept and distribute voicemails to the relevant group members via email.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

I would go for option #2. You could have the voicemail messages sent to a group e-mail address.

Vladimir
  •  
fishtech

Very good.
Thanks for the advice,
ft.
  •  
ESP Projects

Hi,

Is there any change to this situation currently? It seems like a bit of a hash around. We have been using proper "Group Voicemail" on our old versatility system for years with no problems. I can't quite believe that Kerio can't do it? Even the Draytek IPPbx system can now do Group Voicemail in the later firmware versions. Our basic problem is that we don't necessarily want to listen to voicemails via email. We want shared responsibility of voicemails directly from handsets.

Thanks
  •  
scottdube

As far as I can tell you cannot send the email to a group or list if you use "new way to integrate with connect" as that requires proper credentials and groups or lists do not have proper credentials. I have the same problem but email would work fine for me.
  •  
pcunix

I wrote a little Perl script that watches the "general" mailbox and then forwards whatever it finds on to the group address Scott really wants. It's crude and Scott hasn't tested it as I write this, but it's a kludge around the problem. If it works out, I'll write it up and stick it on my website later.

Seems to me that while the IMAP method Operator seems to be using is nice for read/unread functionality, it's not good for a general fallback like this where you may want it to fan out to multiple people. In that case, you really need SMTP delivery.

I'd make a suggestion that you could specify Connect Integration or SMTP on a user specific basis, but I suppose that wouldn't be high priority and might never be seen as important. Maybe instead if the integration credentials fail, it could fall back to trying a SMTP delivery and then give up? That seems easier and might even have a chance of implementation.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
As far as I can tell you cannot send the email to a group or list if you use "new way to integrate with connect" as that requires proper credentials and groups or lists do not have proper credentials. I have the same problem but email would work fine for me.

How about using a KC mail account as the recipeint and activate 'Forwarding' on that account to forward to the required group?

ft.
  •  
pcunix

According to Scott, that won't work.

It looks to me like the "Connect Integration" uses IMAP to deliver the message - which is not going to forward because it is direct to the INBOX.

Note "looks to me". I only know what Scott is telling me happens.. perhaps Kerio will tell us what's really going on.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 February 2013 15:00]

Tony Lawrence
  •  
scottdube

pcunix has it right. You can't use forwarding because it does not seem to arrive through the normal email path, therefore not triggering the forwarding rules. At least that's our working theory. Hoping Kerio will enlighten us...
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

You are right, the voicemail integration module uses IMAP to insert new messages to the inboxes.

Vladimir
  •  
pcunix

Yeah. And that eliminates any possibility of forwarding or using a group.

So, unless y'all are going to offer some SMTP fallback, Scott will need to use my script.

Tony Lawrence
  •  
pcunix

Scott confirms the script is working, so I published it: http://aplawrence.com/Kerio/group_voicemail.html

Perl for Linux, would need adjustments for Windows and Mac. Crude, but it works.

Tony Lawrence
Previous Topic: Use line busy
Next Topic: Sipgate Team UK
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 00:34:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00588 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.