Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Changing users primary email address
  •  
lancorp

Send a private message to this user
I've got a user in the office who just got married, and now we need her to user her new email address. Using Kerio 7.3.2, I cannot get her new email address to be her primary one.

I've gone into her webmail and set the default email address to her new one, but it does not work from her Outlook 2010 with KOC.

I've set her Outlook's "From:" field to her new email address, and that sort of works, but says it's from the old email address ON BEHALF of the new email address. So, that's not good.

How do you change a users primary email address? It's a couple of quick clicks in Exchange, I can't believe how much time I've wasted trying to research and figure this out on Kerio.

Thanks for any ideas.
  •  
Charles B

That's number 12 on the Kerio Connect suggestions list, with 146 votes. It has been there apparently since February 2010, so don't count on Kerio doing anything about it any time soon.

I've been creating a new account, copying the mail folders to the new account, deleting the old one, and setting up an alias for the old email address. Then changing the email address in outlook/kerioconnector and letting Outlook re-sync the email.

The following is a comment from the suggestion forum. I'm going to try that for the next divorce--should save a little time.
Feike Winkelman wrote on 14 July 2011

- Delete the user, but choose NOT to delete the user's folders
- Rename the folder in Kerio's store to the wanted login name
- Recreate the user matching the renamed folder name. Kerio automatically picks up the already existing folder in its store.
BEWARE that deleting the user does delete his/her's user serttings (out of office, etc.) so that needs to be recreated afterwards. Still, all in all takes about 5 minutes.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
renefn

I can confirm that the suggested solution works just fine... I would probably delete the MAPI folder in the users folder if the user had been using Kerio Outlook Connector.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
lancorp

FWIW, I configured the users default email address via her webmail. It did not seem to affect anything with her Outlook as emails still went out with the old address.

I had planned on just creating a new Outlook profile and configure KOC again, let the cache rebuild, and see if it worked. BUT, this past Friday, her new email address just started working! Out of the blue for no reason, sent emails from Outlook were using her new email address!

The Kerio Gods must have heard my prayers. Smile
Previous Topic: odd ports for Account Assistant
Next Topic: Attachment Filter
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 19:38:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.