Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » using external domain on domain forwarding (can i use external domain on the domain forwarding)
  •  
williamng

Send a private message to this user
hi, i read the manual said that the forwarding (in the configurations ==> domains) only can forwarding to another kerio mail server.
is there any chance it can forward to external domain?
thank you!

• Attachment: kerio1.jpg
    (Size: 77.25KB, Downloaded 296 times)
  •  
Kedar

Hi William,
you can forward it to any SMTP server which allows receiving messages for this domain.
  •  
williamng

Hi Radek,

thanks for reply.
but the external smtp require authentication.
is there a place to input the login id?
  •  
Kedar

It's incorrect configuration of your target SMTP server. It musn't require authentication if the domain is local (not relay).
  •  
Oren_Yul

Hi,
and if you want an external SMTP server to handle the "unknown" local transport?
Is there a way to redirect the traffic to the main SMTP server?
  •  
williamng

Hi Oren_Yul,

because we have some user is not in kerio mailserver (because license issue), but at the external mail server. that's why we need the mail to forward it to that external mail server to find the recipient.
  •  
Oren_Yul

Hi William,
I am looking for a solution too.
If you'll find one, please post.
  •  
Charles B

I have to do this sometimes for people who leave the company but still have email coming in, or for employees who don't use company computers (such as warehouse workers) but have occasional reason for someone to send them email at my domains.

My work around is two steps. First, in the domains configuration, I made a domain alias for the other domain to map it to the primary domain on my Kerio server. Second, I create an account alias to relay their internal address to their external email server. It has to be set up with one account alias per person, not as a catch-all for the whole domain, but it does the job.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
Previous Topic: Kerio setup deleted existing mail account
Next Topic: KOFF and External IMAP Account
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 08:40:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.