Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Safely auto-reply to every message?
  •  
brandon@technico.us

Send a private message to this user

I understand that it's possible in an account's mail filters to create an auto-reply that replies to each correspondent, once per day by default.

And I understand that it's possible to edit the script for that filter, changing 1 day to 0 days, so that the auto-reply is sent in response to every incoming message.

And I understand that doing this creates the risk of an auto-reply loop between two accounts.

So my question is this:

Is there a safe way to configure an auto-reply in response to every incoming message, if that's really what the client requires? Is there some additional measure that can eliminate the risk of an auto-reply loop?

Thanks for any advice.
  •  
framo72

I'm interested too !
  •  
ccjwells

You could try adding a new filter rule before the Out of Office rule that searches the subject line for text indicating an auto-reply and then set the action to "stop processing rules". Theoretically that would work. I've never tested it though
  •  
mcholdings

Thanks for the info - it was enough to get me going (despite not asking first).

What i did was create a rule first which was if has in the subject 'out of office' then discard
Then another rule with for all messages, reply with said text and discard.

Mail is actually delivered to a mailing list in Kerio, and to the mailbox - that way with discarding all messages I don't blow my mail server up (though I may destroy someone elses if their out of office is different)

Is working for all messages Very Happy
Previous Topic: Fulltext search in attachments (.doc, .pdf etc)
Next Topic: Calendar appointments show incorrect time
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 03:24:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.