Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email's sender IP?
  •  
Stratos Nikolaidis

Send a private message to this user
Hello from Greece.

I have a problem with spams, there is a computer in our network that is infected and keeps sending thousands of spam emails. In email log files, I can see the email account from which the emails are sent but I don't know from which ip address they are sent.

Is there a way to find this?

(The email system is web based only - on outlook installation.)

Thank you in advance.

•  
tonyswu

If you click on Active Connections, find the user in the list, that should give you an IP address. I fail to see how that would help you, though. I would lock down the account, clean up the computer, reset password, then re-enable the account.
  •  
clan

Maybe he needs the IP address to identifiy the infected user? But yes, disabling the account should be the very first action to stop the spam and to avoid being blacklisted.
  •  
Charles B

From the Message Queue screen as shown in your screen capture, right-click on one of the column headers. On the pop-up menu choose Columns, and check "Sender IP"

That will display the Sender IP number next to each message in the queue.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
Previous Topic: Migrate from Gmail to Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Users email working but account stats show zero messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 11:41:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.