Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Best setup for Windows 7 firewall
  •  
Bangali

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am experimenting with the trial edition of Kerio Control in a Windows 7 Ultimate machine. The main purpose is to serve as a gateway for a home LAN with 6-7 clients.I have tried to install the appliance in a VMWare virtual machine but it seema there are problems with the VM and it cannot start. What is the best option for such an scenario:
a physical (small old computer with 3 Gb of RAM networked) or a VM virtual server and if it is the first with Windows OS could you reccomend? In it is a VM with OS will you install in it?

Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

EDIT: I apologize for strong sentences.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 August 2012 10:36]

•  
Goran

Go for old small pc!

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
Bangali

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 08 August 2012 23:05
Dear Bangali,
Using our product without a valid license will not be tolerated and may have legal consequences.
Your email address and IP address will be recorded.

Hi Pavel,
I am really worried about having my e-mail and IP recorded...
I have a trial version downloaded from you of Kerio Control
Is that not legal enough to access support forums????
Is this the usual way Kerio treats potential customers???

Bad business strategy
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I would be more than happy if you buy our product for home use.
I realized that our systems were confused as your ISP is changing the IP addresses. Sorry about that.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 August 2012 10:35]

•  
Bangali

Hi Pavel,
Apologies accepted Smile . Actually I downloaded your VMware appliance and the Windows version of Kerio Control. I am behind a router with an external dynamic IP.
I am trying to setup Kerio Control in a dedicated PC (running vista 32) to be used as you recommend in he manual as a residential gateway behind the router. All other PCs are Windows 7. However this is not easy...
By the way I have requested from your site to contact with a commercial to ask for prices, etc. No answer from them yet...

Best
Previous Topic: email alert when specific user login?
Next Topic: Deny VPN-access via ActiveDirectory
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 17:25:53 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.