Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Testing of KMS 6 - how to get email into it!
  •  
sidbarker

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am testing the KMS6 beta, and am very impressed so far with the improvements (some well overdue).
However, I would like to have the emails that currently go into our KMS 5 system forwarded to the Beta system as well - good way of testing the spam filtering amongst other things.
I know I can set each user to forward and copy to the other system, but that is a fiddly thing to do for lots of users. Also this would mean having a new domain in the Beta system and setting up MX records, etc.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks
  •  
mkanat

Sure. Look in the domain options -- you can make one domain forward to another mailserver.

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
2nd Level Support Engineer, USA
Kerio Technologies
  •  
sidbarker

This will only forward when the domain is not known (in Kerio 5 at least). I want to forward ALL emails - so I want the primary server (Kerio 5.7.6) to think of the 2nd server (Kerio 6 beta) as a fallback server - so we have a duplicate system.
  •  
mkanat

You may have mis-read the option -- It forwards when the *user* isn't known.

Just don't define any users.

-Max

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
Kerio Technologies
  •  
sidbarker

But the whole point is to get a duplicate of an existing LIVE system! Can't have a live system without users, and the duplicate system needs to have users to let people try it out :)
  •  
sirjosi

if youre thinking of a live backup scenario, such as a 2nd mail server such that when the 1st one fails, I dont know how kerio does that either, BUT, if youre thinking of a way to backup the files, and easily recreate the server should your primary go down, just make a copy of the mailserver folder and the config files. This will let you easily recreate the account and emails (inbox and queue). obviously, this does not avoid downtime.

but think about it. in a scenario where the 2nd one kicks in when the 1st one goes down, what happens when the 1st one is up and the emails during the downtime are left on the 2nd one? Obviously you can only specify one mail server for your clients...it will be a nightmare to maintain two accounts...

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2004 20:08]

pay it forward
-sirjosi
  •  
mkanat

sidbarker wrote on Thu, 15 July 2004 01:32

But the whole point is to get a duplicate of an existing LIVE system! Can't have a live system without users, and the duplicate system needs to have users to let people try it out Smile

OK. Then yeah, you'll have to either make an alias for each user, or make a user that forwards for each one.

-Max

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: SSL Problem
Next Topic: Please Do Not Upgrade From a Beta/RC to the Final Release
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:06:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00520 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.