Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Transfer to Voicemail - user message?
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

In Voicemail > Leaving messages we have selected "Allow direct dialing to user's voicemail boxes". We have selected a prefix of 7.

We have selected Greeting Message: "busy/unavailable message only."

But on transfer to mailbox we get the Comedian/Asterisk voice instead of the user's busy/unavailable message. We would like the user's message played.

This appears to be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

ft.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Operator plays the standard "Please leave your message after the tone" as neither the busy nor the unavailable message is suitable for the situation when the caller accesses the voicemail directly (e.g dialing 711 for the extension 11).

Is this what your are asking about?

Vladimir
  •  
fishtech

Correct, that is what I am asking about.

We have queue agents and a human operator who transfer a lot of calls directly to other employees' voicemail boxes.

In these circumstances we expect the caller to hear the employee's unavailable message instead of the standard "Please leave your message after the tone".

I will make the suggestion in the appropriate location.

ft.
  •  
Fyllm

I would like to see this added as well. I run a small government institution and plan to have have my IVR tree route calls directly to individual voicemail boxes during after-hour periods. Having the comedian answer instead of the recorded message is making it so I just have to have the extension ring instead...
  •  
Fyllm

Hey FishTech. I just found out from one of Kerio's SE's that supposedly direct dial to voicemail uses the temporary greeting instead of the normal away message. I think if you have your users record one then it'll work.
  •  
fishtech

Hi Fylim,
That's good info, many thanks.
It works.
ft.
  •  
nhoague

Bump.

This is proving to be a annonying bug. Users can record their main greeting, but most of them don't record a temporary greeting. Due to this, when the calls get blind transferred direct to their voicemail, it plays the standard "Please leave your message after the tone" greeting. Shouldn't this play the actual users' main greeting?

I could see temporary greeting being an "out of office" type greeting for voicemail. Currently I am having to SSH into the Operator box and duplicate the unavail.wav and rename it to temp.wav to get around this problem.

Thoughts?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Nick,

We will reproduce this scenario here. Just need to try it ourselves to understand what's going on.

Vladimir
  •  
nhoague

The best way to reproduce it is to just dial *7+ext and you'll hear the default record your message prompt.

Then ssh to var->spool->operator->voicemail-data->choose that extension directory and duplicate the unavail.wav and rename it to temp.wav. Then you'll hear the correct voicemail greeting.

In my opinion, that isn't desired.

Thanks!
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Nick,

If you dial someone's voice box directly, is the "Unavailable" message really what you expect to hear? You do not want to speak to the person, you just want to leave a message and that's why the standard "Leave a message" prompt is more appropriate, isn't it?

Vladimir
  •  
nhoague

Hi Vladimir,

I believe we may have two different opinions on what should happen! If I have a caller on the phone, and I know my coworker is also on the phone and I want to transfer this caller to my corworkers voicemail, I would blind transfer to *7+ext. When I do that the caller hears the default "Please leave your message", rather than "Hi this is Vicki, I'm on the other line or away from the desk."

From what I gather, there is an unavailable message and a temporary message. The temporary message is what gets played when you direct dial a voicemail. Problem is though the temporary message takes precedence over the unavailable message, so it makes no sense to have users record a temporary message.

What I guess should really happen is that the unavailable message gets played when the phone rings for the determined amount of time and then goes to voicemail (as it currently does), but the busy message is what should get played when transferring direct to voicemail, not the temporary.

Make sense?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

There are 3 messages in the Asterisk voicemail - unavailable, busy, temporary. The temporary message overrides both the unavailable and busy messages.

Would playing the busy message when directly dialing a user's voice box work for most users?

Any options from other people here?

Vladimir

•  
nhoague

Yes, playing the busy messages when direct dialing voicemail I believe is the expected way for this to work. This way users can record an unavailable and a busy. If their phone ringsout and goes to voicemail, the unavailable is played. If the user hits ignore, or the call is direct dial to voicemail it plays busy.

I believe the temporary should only be used in situations when the user is out for the day, or in a 4 hour meeting, something like that.

Thanks Vladimir!
  •  
fishtech

I would prefer the unavailable message to be played.

Thanks,

ft.
nhoague

Why? Wouldnt direct dial to voicemail be used in the situation where a user knows their co worker is on the phone? Wouldnt then you want to play a "im busy" message rather than "im away?"
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 2.1.3
Next Topic: voicemail transfer to another extension
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 15:49:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00500 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.