Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Reminders keep displaying in Outlook 2011 (Reminders keep displaying in Outlook 2011)
  •  
nixIT

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

We are running Kerio Connect, latest version, Snow Leopard (latest patches) and Outlook 2011 Mac(latest patches).

I have a couple users who have recurring events in the calendar. When the reminder for said event is triggered, the users clicks Dismiss. However, the reminder keeps coming back every "x" number of minutes, where "x" is their reminder setting, currently set at 5 minutes.

Any idea why the reminder is still being triggered? One of the users even deleted the event, however, the reminder now comes up for last time this event took place, saying it's overdue.

Any idea what's going on, or where to look?

--nixIT

•  
tonyswu

We are having this issue as well. I haven't been able to find a fix.
  •  
  •  
nixIT

@Pavel,

Thanks for the link, I just enabled logging in outlook 2011.

--nixIT
  •  
rrisdal

This has been an ongoing problem for me at several Kerio installations as well. I can trigger the never ending reminders every time by doing the following. Move any single future instance of any recurring event in Outlook 2011, this will trigger reminders for past instances of this event that will never go away even if they are dismissed and/or deleted. The only way I've found to get rid of them is to delete and re-create the account in Outlook 2011, unfortunately they will come back eventually. Have had to disable reminders completely in Outlook for some user which obviously isn't preferable.
  •  
nixIT

@rrisdal,

This is the same for us. If I delete the account in Outlook 2011 and recreate it, the issue goes away for a little while, but eventually returns. Currently 1/3 of our Outlook 2001 OS X users (Snow Leopard) are troubled with this behavior.

I can't keep going around deleting and then re-creating the accounts, too time consuming.

Are there any work-arounds for this?

--nixIT
  •  
nixIT

@Pavel,

I have the log files for this. how/where should I send them for you to look through?

--nixIT
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

It seems the problem occures with appointments "Sage ACT! Monthly Meeting (Sitewire)" or "FW: Sage ACT! / GRM Weekly Status Meeting", files 000006EA.eml and 000006AA.eml. Can we have these files, please?

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
nixIT

sent you a PM with the files attached in zip format.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Problem occures if there is an exception in the past with the reminder enabled. Problem will be fixed in the next Connect release (Bug 69663)
Workaround: it's sufficient to delete exception, that the reminder is displayed for (the date is shown in reminder).

Pavel Špalek
  •  
nixIT

this is the workaround, however, is the meeting is a recurring meeting, when we deleted the exception (the date shown in the reminder), that reminder will be gone, but then the system goes back to the previous date and starts displaying reminders for that date, and so on for each one you delete.

You can see the dilemma if the event is a recurring weekly event that was scheduled months ago.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

To be honest I'm not able to reproduce described behaviour. If you send me an .eml file with such event I'll check it. Anyway the bugfix should solve this as it disables alarm for the past occurences.

Pavel Špalek
  •  
aj08

Any updates on this? I've started seeing it more frequently and for individual users with no other invites I've deleted the recurring appointment and created it from scratch. Unfortunately I've started to see this on recurring invites where everyone in the entire company is invited to the event so it makes deleting and adding a bit more obtrusive.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

There is nothing new, the bug has been fixed in 7.4. The alarm for the past events shouldn't be displayed anymore. If you have another customer with the same problem, please obtain source of the event (.eml file).

Pavel Špalek
ukdragon

I am still having this issue with several of my MAC users running Outlook 2011. This was supposedly fixed in 8.0. IS anyone else still having an issue and if so has anyone found a solution. I have tried re-adding the user and the problem persists.
Previous Topic: No tasks in Outlook 2011
Next Topic: Recurring calendar events show incorrect date in Mac Outlook 2011
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 13:41:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00528 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.