Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleting Mail
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Send a private message to this user
I have an account on Kerio Connect 7.4.1 (Mac).

I have the account set up on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2, both running iOS 5.1.1, as Exchange. I also have it setup on 10.7 iMac with Outlook 2011, 14.2.2, also as Exchange.

I have 3 emails in the "Sent" folder on the iOS devices that I can not delete. That do not show in Outlook or via the Web client.

When I try to delete them on the iOS device I get an error "Unable to Move Message"

I have disabled "Push" for the folder. I have had my provider re-index the folder. Nothing seems to work.

Before I delete and re-add the accounts on the iOS devices, maybe some one in the Kerio community might have an answer.

Thanks

Len Levin
BSC
  •  
Howie Isaacks

I wish I had the answer to permanently fix this problem for you, but the only thing I've been able to do about this when this happens to one of my customers is to go to their Kerio account settings under Settings -- Mail, Contacts, Calendars and toggle Mail off then go to the Mail app to confirm that email is off. Next, I go back to the account settings, and toggle Mail back on. This apparently clears the stuck messages, and allows the inbox to resynch again from the server. I have never been able to track down the cause of this problem, and it has never happened to me personally. I have one customer who complains about this every few weeks, but he won't allow me to examine the problem in more detail. He just wants the emails gone.
  •  
tonyswu

Based on reporting from other Kerio administrator this happens most often to Kerio installation with slower storage read/write performance. I've also seen this behavior happening on Exchange. The symptoms are the same, where emails deleted on the server or from other mail clients don't sync down to iPhone, but I can't prove that they are the same issue. One thing you can do to make those emails disappear is set them as unread, then sometimes they'll go away. Otherwise you'll have to reset email syncing on iphone.
  •  
Previous Topic: One public IP address and two mail servers
Next Topic: Users availability in calendar showing up as unavailable
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:25:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.