Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » very slow outlook + big koff space (very slow outlook + big koff space)
  •  
gnogel

Send a private message to this user
hello!

we have a lot of problems with koff 7.4.2 and outlook 2003.
some client machines syncronise hours and in between they can't use outlook (no new messages in inbox - creation of new mail takes 10 min to open the blank message)

also switching between outlook and other programs >60sek

it is not possible to work on ths machine - closing outlook all ok
before we changed from exchange to kerio no such problems

The syncronisation takes a huge amont of diskspace.
on my pc disabled all public folders from sync and the other folders are enabled only to download the headers - koff needs 6 GB space!!
(inbox <500 items <90MB space)

One of our clients has 130 GB koff space !!! i had to change the harddisk

I cannot figure out where the problem is

g.nogel

Please can somebody help me?
50% of our clients could not use outlook anymore!

[Updated on: Tue, 21 August 2012 22:25]

•  
dk

No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2012 16:02]

•  
dk

We 're also having this problem with a slow Outlook. At least it doesn't disturb windows in our case..

We switched at one of our customers from Exchange 2007 to the current Kerio Connect (13 Windows desktops and 4 Macs). Migration worked fine! Thanks at this point Smile
But after the clients (Outlook 2007/2010) has been configured with the Outlook Connector it takes really long if we are searching for a message or switching folder. At one client Outlook didn't even respond and crashed after ~7 minutes. (Outlook is up to date)

There is no problem with the macs.

Any Ideas?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2012 16:00]
  •  
dk

We had some improvements when removing Outlook from the windows search index (as kerio described) and also set outlook to start the search when enter is pressed. It just takes about 2 minutes instead of 5-7 Wink
We 're going to perform a Kerioupdate from 7.4.x to 8.1
Maybe that 'll fix it Wink
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Hi, DK and welcome back to the forums!

I think that the update should help in this case, specifically given the speed enhancements we have made.

I would also say, please investigate the sizes of your mailboxes plus public folders. If you have massive sized (and here I'm talking about MB not numbers) folders, these will cause KOFF to require more memory. Also, if you are using a 64-bit OS, and can get the 64-bit MS Office binaries, KOFF is now available in 64-bit, which may help alleviate some of the memory issues.

Finally, in terms of numbers, please be wary of users who store all of their email in their inbox, this can cause the sort of speed issues you are seeing. If that is happening, you need to start pushing your guys to either archive mails off to a PST file, or use sub-folders etc to organise themselves better.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Instant Messaging Multiple Domains Contact List auto populate
Next Topic: High load under CentOS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:37:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.