Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » DND and BLF (Snom phones)
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am hoping to get BLF to show DND status. We can put phones on Do Not Disturb, but the receptionist and queue agents do not see that status. We'd like them to be able to give customers a heads-up if they are being transferred directly to voicemail.

So, is there a feature code to dial to activate DND within Operator so it might show as part of BLF?

For info, we use Snom handsets.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

Operator / Asterisk cannot retrieve the DND status from the phones.

There is a way how to bypass it in the asterisk, where you can dial a feature code to set or unset the DND state. However, this is currently not implemented in Kerio Operator.

Regards
Filip
  •  
fishtech

I would like to suggest this as a feature.
But I have no more votes so can't make the suggestion in the appropriate place.
Regards,
ft.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I've registered this suggestion in our internal system.

Vladimir
  •  
practicalcomputing

Any update on when this will be implemented in Operator. I have a very upset customer, and I must agree that this would seem to be an extremely basic feature to the end user.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Are you asking about the Busy Lamp Field or the DND?
  •  
practicalcomputing

I am asking for the busy lamp field light on a reception phone to be red (or off totally) when the DND button is pushed on a phone. Any work around would be appreciated. My phones are Yealink T-38g
  •  
fishtech

I would love to see some kind of DND indicator for other users' extensions in the web client.

We can currently see when they are dialing (flashing orange triangle), on calls (solid orange triangle), etc. Enabling us to view when they are DND would be useful, perhaps with a solid red triangle.

I have had a number of instances when the users have hit the DND button on their phone without realizing.

Thanks,

ft.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 January 2015 17:14]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I agree this would be quite useful. Most SIP phones keep the DND status for themselves and you only learn about it when the phone refuses a call, so it might not be easy. Nevertheless I'll include this in the list of things to consider for Operator 2.5.
  •  
Greentree

second this feature.
  •  
Jef

Hello,

I thinks it's possible to implement.
In asterisks you can enable this by dialing.
78 to turn on Do Not Disturb mode and
79 to turn off Do Not Disturb mode
I dit take a look in my Yealink phones and you can configure 78 and 79 to turn dnd on and off instead the phone DND implementation.

Greets
Jef
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hello all,

I think the idea is here, you guys can vote on it to increase the counter:

http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/125515-kerio-operator/sugge stions/3442404-make-dnd-visible-with-blf

Note: You need to be logged on via your "Suggest Idea" button from Kerio Operator Dashboard to be able to see the above link.

All the best,

Jonas

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Simultaneous fax and phone call issue
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.4.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 01:58:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01703 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.