Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows 8 ActiveSync support
  •  
prullenbak

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

The new Windows 8 has native support for ActiveSync connections for mail/calendar/contacts.

This works for Hotmail / Office365 and Exchange but I am not able to connect to my Kerio server.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not supported (yet)?
  •  
prullenbak

Just to clarify: this is regarding Windows 8 for PC systems, *not* Windows Phone 8 Phone
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Windows 8 is not able to synchronize with Kerio Connect with Exchange ActiveSync. The server does not support this client. It's not a technical issue, there are other factors (legal, licensing) which have influence on current situation with Windows 8 desktop.

However, Kerio Connect does support all mobile devices.
  •  
trifecta

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Sun, 19 August 2012 17:46

However, Kerio Connect does support all mobile devices.

Then, do I need to keep this setting on?
<variable name="AllowUnsupportedDevices">1</variable>

I keep having this error with Windows Phone Mango (with the most recent update)
[19/Aug/2012 10:51:41] ASyncFolderManager.cpp: ActiveSyncFolderManager::GetList: Unable to read folder list (Pattern: ~user<_at_>domain.com/Deleted Items/*)

Would disable the above setting resolved this issue?

Thanks,

[Updated on: Sun, 19 August 2012 20:12]

•  
hberm001

Is this something that we should expect to see change or is it long term limitation of Kerio Connect. FWIW, I consider a tablet running windows 8 to be a mobile device.
  •  
scottwilkins

Considering Office 2013 is supported in full on all versions of Windows 8, tablet or otherwise, you might reconsider your viewpoint on Windows 8 on a tablet. Remember, Windows 8 is a full OS, not a partial OS that requires syncronization like past mobile devices did. Moving foward, you should expecting syncing to go away completely from all devices and software mixes. Nobody really liked it that much anyway. Wink
Previous Topic: Send to email to all users
Next Topic: Webmail slow and single connection
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:40:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00812 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.