Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Hot-desking? (Creative ideas for hot desking?)
  •  
pcunix

Send a private message to this user
I have a potential customer who wants to do hot-desking ( see http://answers.oreilly.com/topic/2739-hot-desking-with-the-a sterisk-database/ )

I suggested that assigning phantom extensions and having the hot-deskers use Myphone to redirect their false extension to real hardware would be pretty darn close to that and actually is better in some ways.

He also noted that phones like Snom can download a configuration by the user logging in to them and going out to a tftp server. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I don't think Operator would recognize the reconfigured phone - correct me if I'm wrong, please.

So - is MyPhone the closest we can get at this point or is there a more creative way with phones like the Snom?

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Tony,

Operator recognizes provisioned phones using their MAC address. We do not support user login on the Snom.

If it is a small installation, I guess that setting up forwarding in MyPhone should work. When placing calls, the users would be identified by "physical" extension, though.

If it is a large installation, you could consider scripting a web application that would use Operator's administration API to associate the user's extension with a given phone on demand. We would tell you which API calls to use for that. It may take up to a minute to re-provision a phone (it usually needs to reboot) but it could still work pretty well.

Vladimir
  •  
pcunix

Well, you'd want them identified by physical extension, so that's fine.

Yes, I had thought of scripting the Admin but I thought that might be a bit complicated and confusing.. you'd have to let the user do it which opens up all sorts of "pranks" and other stupidity..

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
Previous Topic: Call routing Question
Next Topic: Digium TDM410 Card
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 03:59:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.