Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect Anti-Virus
  •  
tonyswu

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Quick question, does KC's built-in Sophos scan into compressed file?

Thanks,
  •  
onalid

Mornin,
yes, you can use the admin interface to configure that (max size of the attachment to check and if YES or NO).
Btw. KC canĀ“t check the attachment if it is password protected or compressed Wink

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
tonyswu

Where do you set max size of attachment to check? I don't see that option anywhere.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

There is no such option. It's only in Kerio Control.
And Yes, Kerio Connect does scan also compressed files (as long as the archive is not encrypted).
  •  
onalid

Yepp right, it was in CONTROL, NOT in CONNECT i am sorry Shocked

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
tonyswu

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 21 August 2012 06:29
And Yes, Kerio Connect does scan also compressed files (as long as the archive is not encrypted).

Great, thanks for confirming.
  •  
hberm001

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 21 August 2012 15:29

Why is there no option for this (and other AV settings) in Connect? Paying for the add-on AV is not enough for us to be allowed to configure it?
  •  
tonyswu

hberm001 wrote on Thu, 23 August 2012 08:41

Why is there no option for this (and other AV settings) in Connect? Paying for the add-on AV is not enough for us to be allowed to configure it?

The ability to configure it a bit would be nice. But as long as it scans into compressed file, I am fine.
  •  
MarkK

Looking at one of the ClamAV sites, I saw that there is a plugin for SpamAssassin to have it run the emails through ClamAV. Haven't tried it, but I'm wondering if that would still allow for the use of ClamAV?
  •  
j.a.duke

MarkK wrote on Mon, 27 August 2012 19:07
Looking at one of the ClamAV sites, I saw that there is a plugin for SpamAssassin to have it run the emails through ClamAV. Haven't tried it, but I'm wondering if that would still allow for the use of ClamAV?

Mark,

Can you find the reference to that page? I've done some looking and can't seem to find the page.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: Single Instance Message Store?
Next Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector only works for Administrator on Win 2008
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:47:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.