Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Can't receive inbound calls
  •  
scottdube

Send a private message to this user
[20/Aug/2012 21:43:17] Asterisk: Authentication failed from host 66.x.x.x (uri:<sip:19782xxxxxx<_at_>66.x.x.x:5060>). Attempts: 12.

Calls do not ring they quickly disconnect, this entry appears in the security log. I can't find anything that points to where to go to resolve this issue. Is it a sip trunk issue or an operator issue. Using nexvortex as the provider, yse the proxy and username/password they provided is correct.

Thanks
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

If you have more than 10 attempts, then the remote address has already blocked itself out. Maybe it's your SIP provider, maybe it's just some random attacker. Check the security tab in Advanced Options.

You may want to check the KB article at http://kb.kerio.com/article/how-to-configure-kerio-operator- to-connect-to-nexvortex-871.html

Vladimir

•  
scottdube

The ip was not blocked by security. I used that article to set it up in the first place. I am using operator behind Kerio Control, RTP is not a service in the services choices in traffic rules by the way. Again I can make outbound calls but cannot get inbound calls. It does not even ring.
  •  
scottdube

Ok so it was the control box. I had the operator traffic coming in on an additional ip configured on the control box nic.

The config was
xx.xx.xx.225 control nic
xx.xx.xx.229 was the ip to be routed to the operator box

The sip trunking company nexvortex reported

Your PBX Server "xx.xx.xx.225" is responding back to NexVortex's "INVITE" with a "404 - Not Found". This usual means that the DIDs are not configured on your PBX.

Notice the last octet it should be 229 not 225.

So I moved the sip trunk to .225 and got it to work, ell at least the pbx answered the phone. But it will not respond to keypad inputs and the following is in the warning log of operator:

21/Aug/2012 15:07:20] asterisk[1531]: WARNING[1656]: chan_sip.c:3680 in retrans_pkt: Hanging up call CXC-119-7f7ac010-c9d5ed0-13c4-5033dc48-8f167625-64359c6<_at_ >xx.xx.xx.10 - no reply to our critical packet (see https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SIP+Retransmissio ns).
[21/Aug/2012 15:07:20] {ami} Internal Asterisk Connection: Got empty channel

I have since moved it out from behind control to see if that was the issue but it acts the same way.
  •  
scottdube

UPDATE

Got a different sip account set up with a different company, works fine right out of the box! Company A. was Kerio certified partner. So far have been no help! Called support emailed support all they can ask is if the operator box has rfc 2833 enabled. Company B was much easier to set up and works right away... I thought the kerio partner would be the easiest route that's why I selected them as the first test company... I was not correct.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

I will have NexVortex re-tested and will also look into their certification claims. If you opened a ticket with our support, could you send me the ticket number in a private message?

Vladimir
  •  
scottdube

I reloaded the entire operator on the box... That seemed to solve the problem. Still not sure what the issue was.
Previous Topic: Voicemail-to-Email & Automated Rules
Next Topic: Untested SIP Providers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 00:06:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.