Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal repeatedly asks for password (iCal repeatedly asks for password - how to fix)
  •  
misteritguru

Send a private message to this user
Good Afternoon All,

I'm currently running Kerio 7.2.0
I have OSX 10.7.4 running iCal

Email for this user works without a hitch. iPhone also works with no problem. iPad, perfect.

iCal .... continually asks for the users password. This is a major problem. The password is in the keychain, and the password is correct

It is only affecting this user, and there are other users who are using the same setup with no problems.

The user requires access to other users calendars. Using the Kerio setup tool, is just a bad idea! It claims that delegation is not available on this server, and some times the calendars come up blank, so I've manually configured my desktops.

Over all this has seemed to work, but there are just to many instances where delegated calendars have a issue and one moment can be retrieved from the server, and the next, warning symbols appearing all over iCal.

Being a reseller, we've really pushed Kerio into a large number of clients - and it's very embarrassing for them to complain about iCal not working, and when they use their google account via iCal, "Everything Just Works"

Also - Is there a bug report page?? Somewhere where I can inform the devs, other users, and the powers that be at Kerio HQ, when something is not working??

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

misteritguru wrote on Tue, 21 August 2012 15:10

Also - Is there a bug report page?? Somewhere where I can inform the devs, other users, and the powers that be at Kerio HQ, when something is not working??

You can report it to the Kerio Partner where you bought the product.
Or http://www.kerio.com/support/submit-bug-report
  •  
misteritguru

Ah - I'm sorry, I made a mistake here, I mean a PROPER bug page.

I mean a page where "I" can see all the current bug reports logged by other users, so that I can determine if I need to contact you guys or not. I need to know your working on this particular issue. Or any other particular issue for that matter.

I work closely with a good number of linux distributions, and on our bug report pages, we can search what other people have said, find out what they are doing, get confirmations from other users that they too have the same problem. Also, it comes up in google searches, other users can refer users to the particular link.

Kerio, I think you need to be more open. I don't want to have to look at alternatives because my clients are too pissed off to wait any more.

As far as my users are concerned, email/calendars/tasks are open and dare I say ancient protocols - as far as they are concerned a developer fresh out of college should be able to make a basic product that works with these protocols. Their OTB experience should be the same no matter what clients they use to connect up. My clients don't care about the name Kerio - they do care about email and calendars, which they see being offered for free by many big names that they do care about.

You have a very hard working community, I've noticed a lot of individual posters who have busted their butt to do 'testing'. Lets not reinvent the wheel here - get a bugzilla instance up an running, or a Redmine setup, we don't need branding - We're system admins!!

We'll fill it up with every problem we have - So when users post in the forum about a particular issue, we can see the work that you guys have put in so far. We can also put our workaround in there.

I want more transparency - I can't keep telling 800 people to wait, especially when they just spend £1xx,xxx.00 on new hardware, and now they can't use it, I need more evidence than my word.

So ... Kerio .... what are we gonna do?? I want some action on this. I want an announcement to show that you guys care about fixing problems.

It doesn't take much to move all my users to my own hosted environment using nothing more than IMAP sync and a script that connects to LDAP, but I like Kerio - I need more from you guys.
  •  
pcunix

misteritguru wrote on Tue, 21 August 2012 09:55
Ah - I'm sorry, I made a mistake here, I mean a PROPER bug page.

I mean a page where "I" can see all the current bug reports logged by other users, so that I can determine if I need to contact you guys or not. I need to know your working on this particular issue. Or any other particular issue for that matter.

100% in agreement. If it's possible to be 200% in agreement, that too.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
misteritguru

Good Morning - I'm replying to this thread to bump it! Any assistance in this regard? Or if anyone else has had this issue, please reply with a "Me Too"
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

[quote title=misteritguru wrote on Tue, 21 August 2012 15:10]Good Afternoon All,
Quote:

I'm currently running Kerio 7.2.0
I have OSX 10.7.4 running iCal

If you are running 7.2.0 you should at least update to 7.2.2, as Lion support was added in 7.2.2.
http://www.kerio.eu/eu/connect/history/older

Current version is 7.4.3.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 August 2012 13:10]

Carsten Maas
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
misteritguru

Very good call - I can't believe that I missed that. I will get to upgrading as soon as possible.
  •  
nhoague

Hello. I have also found that sometimes the keychain needs to be repaired. Especially if you have had any password changes. iCal is funny like that.
  •  
1608chris

Hi all,

Sadly I no longer find iCal funny - it is seriously testing my patience! I experienced a number of problems with Apple's ical server and had hoped Kerio would offer a better quality solution, however I also have exactly the same problem. Just one user, a partner no less, cannot access the calendars with his password. it happened about 30mins after configuration and has remained ever since, with lightning bolts against any newly created items. No one else has this issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions what this might be? I have run the Keychain Repair tool but it found no errors. My next step is to wipe the keychain, but that seems a bit drastic...
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

You should try to setup the account with a fresh system user on your OSX:

Create in Users&Groups under Systempreferences a user, for axample, named "testuser". Log off from your current user and login as the testuser. Configure the iCal with the Account Assistand from the "Integration in Mac" Link you find on your webmail page and see, if the problem persists for the Kerio account and iCal.

If not, then there are a corrupted keychain and/or corrupt iCal caches in your regulary user.

Carsten Maas
Kerio Technologies

•  
1608chris

Carsten,

Thanks for your swift reply. I know I am jumping ahead, but it'll save me posting again later - if there is no problem logging in from a dummy account, shall I just trash any ical caches and rebuild the keychain? ( I will backup calendar data before of course.)
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Thats what I would do

Carsten Maas
Kerio Technologies

•  
misteritguru

What happens when you put the user on a completely new laptop, with a completely new profile, and the problem still exists?
  •  
samsam

I had some issues with iCal on Mountain Lio after I've changed the password for a user. Then suddenly iCal was requesting the password and no login was possible. Kerio Account was locked after a couple of tries..

The solution was to delete all old password entries for ical from the Keychain. Removing the account from ical and recreating it has not removed the old passwords from the Keychain.

After deleting all entries with ical and the kerio server url in it from the Keychaing everthing works again. So I suppose it is not Kerio to blame but iCal which is not able to handle password changes correctly. When iCal offers the wrong (old) password there is nothing Kerio Connect could do about this...
  •  
1608chris

In answer to the last post and as an update to my situation, I concur with samsam on iCal being the source of the problem.

In my case all ical accounts had to be scrapped, all user preferences for ical and caches binned and the keychain reset to default before the problematic account would begin to work. There are still some lingering glitches, but I haven't time to iron them all out at present.

I totally agree that iCal's interaction with the server is pretty temperamental! Confused
Previous Topic: Problem with message body
Next Topic: iOS and Public Calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 10:50:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00560 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.