Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mini Test Lab - Recommendations from the community (Can't wait any longer, the knives are out)
  •  
misteritguru

Send a private message to this user
Hello Kerio Users,

I'm thinking of building a test rig.

I need to get confirmation of which clients works with which Kerio Version

I'm thinking of installing Kerio 7.4.0, 7.4.1 and 7.4.2 and on each version testing iCal.

What I don't have is a list of tests to perform. Can the community help me??

I've got a cloud setup, where I can fire up the different versions, and I'm currently installing OSX 10.6-8 on some laptops here to test functionality.

What I want to do is find the combination that actually works - As more and more of my clients upgrade their Mac to the latest shiny cupertino offering, my help desk is drowning is stupid questions, and confused people who are missing meetings, unable to delete items, don't trust the public folders, feel the need to double check resource bookings - I need people to have faith in my systems, and after reading forum posts that people are waiting longer than 3 months for fixes?

Remember it's not KERIO that gets it in the neck it's YOU. for three reasons:

For choosing it
Because your the "Go to Guy" when IT stuff doesn't work
For not ditching it, and getting a different 'working' product

Those three rules apply to any product, not just kerio!

Ultimately, I'd love to install the latest version of Kerio Connect, and have it just work with every Card Dav client, Cal Dav client, and IMAP client - So long as I have a provider for these three services, I can run my infrastructure - So it's very important that it "Just Works" Anyone interested in my findings when I get them?
  •  
tonyswu

I think that's great. I am working on something similar in our internal network, but if you've got a cloud solution going, that's wonderful. And I would certainly be interested in seeing your result.
  •  
misteritguru

I've not had time to work on this last few days - As a bank holiday is coming up, (In England at least), my workload went through the roof.
I'm planning on installing Kerio under CentOS - I'm assuming that the different versions are feature identical? By that I mean a problem on Kerio on CentOS will exist on Kerio running on OSX - so I'll work in an environment that I'm comfortable with.

I've got a triple boot laptop with 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 installed on it. Can I get some recommendations for what test I should run when I get it up and running?
  •  
misteritguru

Bank Holiday is over, and the post holiday crazy rush has just started to wind down. I was expecting more responses, more replies - But honestly, if no one is interested, then I'm not feeling as motivated as I was last week.

I'll give it a few more days, then I'll see where we are then.
Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector only works for Administrator on Win 2008
Next Topic: 7.4.3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 14:25:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.