Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 (PRI). (Kerio Operator with a Digium TE110P T1/E1 (PRI).)
  •  
Maxxymo

Send a private message to this user
I am new to asterisk environment and its variables.
But I can see that Kerio Operator is a good product with great potential.
I try to do some tests and got a used card Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 (PRI).
Can anyone tell me what is the appropriate setting for this card?
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi,

the proper settings is set automatically.

Do you have some problem with the card?

Jakub
  •  
Maxxymo

Yes, the parameters are set automatically.
These seem to be the parameters set:
Span 1: WCT1 / 0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0" (MASTER) AMI/D4
span = 1,1,0, d4, ami
This configuration seems not to work.
Following the suggestion in the administration manual, I created four (4) SIP extensions , defined dialing inbound and outbound rules.
I have not set the Auto response or IVR, but I guess it is not essential for the purpose of testing the system.

Thanks for your interest.
  •  
Maxxymo

Sorry, I have not answered your question.

I understand that my card is not properly configured.
She has been gifted to me, second hand, but was working well in a elastix box (ver 1.6-24).
Unfortunately, i dont know the original configuration.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You can edit the card interface parameters. Go to the Call Routing screen, edit the PRI interface, and switch to the tab "Interface card". If Operator did not guess your parameters right, you might need to set the signaling type (usually EuroISDN for Europe or National ISDN 2 for the U.S.) and the other values according to your PRI type.

Vladimir
  •  
Maxxymo

Product: Kerio Operator 2.0.1
Test Drive: Digium Wildcard TE110P on DELL Optiplex GX620
2GB, 160GB SATA HDD, Intel Core2Duo 1.80 Ghz

And I have some difficulty setting up and operating the system.
I followed the instructions in the manual and I'm not sure what is misconfigured.
I am sending screenshots and the kernel log file.

This is the scenario I want to achieve:
T1-PRI (D4/AMI) SF Pilot Number 809-616-4666 routing to internal extensions: 101, 102, 103, sequentially.
DID's: 809-XXX-0845 -> Internal SIP extension 104
DID's: 809-XXX-0846 -> Internal SIP Extension 105
DID's: 809-XXX-0847 -> Internal SIP extension 106
DID's: 809-XXX-0848 -> Internal SIP Extension 107
And so on ...

I would greatly appreciate more specific instructions.

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Can you be more specific as to what is not working for you? I guess you might have a problem with incoming calls. If so, the usual reason with PRI is that the telco is not signalling the called number in the full format. They often send just the last three or four digits. The solution is then to enter the external numbers in Operator in the shorter format as well.

You can enable Asterisk log messages in Operator's debug log to see what's going on when a call arrives.

Vladimir
  •  
Maxxymo

Thanks Vladimir

The telco provide us with 19 DID's in full 10 digits format.
As example: 8099480845. It also requires to that the generated calls must show it as CID.
So if someone calls to that number, it would be possible to en route the call to an specific
internal extension.
In the same way, if an internal extension is mapped to an external number (DID) so the generated call may have the CID of the external number assigned.
May i send you a PM with the Operator's debug log?

Ariel
  •  
Maxxymo

Vladimir

Currently I can not make calls or receive them.
I can not see what is wrong with the setup.
I have a certain number of DID's (19 in total) assigned to several existing SIP extensions.
And a pilot line (Main DID number) that must be known to all our callers.
Following the instructions in the manuals available, we have the following scenario:
- SIP extensions are well configured, communication between them is possible.
- In a test, i did configure a SIP interface with a local VoIP sip provider and I could make outgoing and incoming calls.
- When configuring the T1-PRI trunk, i did verify the parameters of the Digium Wildcard TE110P T1 adapter, and according to the manufacturer, are correct.

The interface seems to synchronizing well, cause for the Kerio Operator error log does not report failures on the adapter.

It is my understanding that to get the basic functionality needed to make and receive calls:

- SIP Extensions (for SIP Phones, SIP Soft Clients).
- SIP Trunk Interface, T1/E1 PRI Trunk or FXS / FXS interfaces.

Properly configured, it is necessary to make and receive calls.

I appreciate your help as my knowledge is limited.

If you need ANY other information about the current system configuration, let me know.

Ariel Almonte
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Did the telco confirm to you they are actually signalling the called DID in the full 10-digit format? As I mentioned before, it is quite frequent the PRI signalling only contains a shortened number.

Please enable the Asterisk log messages in the debug log and try (1) an incoming call and (2) an outbound call via the PRI card. After that, please send the debug log to me at vtoncar at kerio dot com. Also get the support information file from the System Health screen in Operator's administration console and send it to me as well.

Vladimir
  •  
Maxxymo

Hi Vladimir

Responding to your questions.

Did the telco confirm to you they are actually signalling the called DID in the full 10-digit format? As I mentioned before, it is quite frequent the PRI signalling only contains a shortened number.

I cannot be totally sure about this.

Technicians from our phone service provider tested for service availability in the trunk and everything works fine for them.
In the documentation provided to me, it explained that the service signals in the 10-digit format.
Is there any way to test this?

Please enable the Asterisk log messages in the debug log and try (1) an incoming call and (2) an outbound call via the PRI card. After that, please send the debug log to me at vtoncar at kerio dot com. Also get the support information file from the System Health screen in Operator's administration console and send it to me as well.

Im doing ít right now, in a few minutes i'll send you an email with the information you requested.

Thanks

ariel Almonte
  •  
Maxxymo

Hi Vladimir

Any updates on this?

Ariel Almonte
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Your low-level configuration of the PRI intrerface seems to be incorrect. It could be the timing source setting or some of the other parameters. Please ask your PRI provider for what should be the PRI configuration.

We have seen a similar behavior before with a ADSL/PRI gateway (the telco gives you a PRI, but it's actually a VoIP over DSL between the PRI emulator box and the telco). Maybe this is your setup as well?

Vladimir
  •  
Maxxymo

Hi

In our case, the service wire is not made of copper.
Not a xDSL service, it is a dedicated fiber optic line that is connected to the T1-PRI box emulator/converter.

Ariel
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Developers proposed they would solve it with a configuration hook script now, because the additional signalling types are not included in the current version of Kerio Operator.

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] Get rid of the call forward voice prompt
Next Topic: Any way to reflect DND, call forward from snom phones in KO?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 10:37:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00507 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.