Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Operator Box 3210 - Multiple Ethernet Ports
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

My Operator box has 4 ethernet ports.

Port 1 is connected to the internal network with fixed address 192.168.0.1.Internal phones connect to this port.

I would like port 2 to be connected to the internet with a fixed, real-world IP address. External phones, softphones, etc would connect to this port.

But when port 2 is configured like this external phones are not able to connect to Operator from the internet. I can ping the external IP address, but no SIP data shows in the log when a softphone tries to connect via the internet. I have turned off the Operator firewall for testing, with the same results.

I notice the help files state "only one interface should have access to the Internet". Is this my problem? If so, do I need to add a manual entry in the routing table to implement this?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

If you want to connect to the Internet as well as the local network, the default route should point to the internet. After that, you might need to add some entries to the routing table so that routing works well for the LAN.

Isn't it possible that something is filtering the SIP traffic before it can get to Operator?

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Allworx 9112
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.0.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 10:59:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00372 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.